Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentina and Cuba seek to strengthen bilateral relations in food sector
Argentina's Minister of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, Carlos Casamiquela, met with a Cuban delegation led by Antonio Carricarte Corona, Deputy Minister of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation, and Jorge Lamadrid Mascaro, ambassador to Argentina, with the aim of strengthening bilateral relations in the export of high value-added foods.
"We seek to expand economic and trade relations between Argentina and Cuba through the purchase of raw materials and Argentine food while increasing exports of Cuban medicine towards Argentina," said the representative of Cuba, Antonio Carricarte Corona.
"Argentina is an important food supply market and we hope to further strengthen bilateral cooperation," said Carricarte Corona, who explained that Argentina had exported more than 600,000 tons of food to Cuba, while the Caribbean country had shipped about 20 million drug products to the South American country.
Ambassador Jorge Lamadrid Mascaro explained that Cuba was a country that needed to import food and, he said, "The agricultural sector in Argentina is a benchmark for our region and the world. Bilateral agricultural cooperation is strategic for us."
Source: Ministerio de Agricultura
Publication date: 4/14/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: