Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
“The Return on Investment of Forced-Air Precooling”Global Cooling Inc. is one of the innovators worldwide, in forced-air precooling. It offers the Jet-Ready™ and Rapid-Cool™ precooling systems, along with its Smart-Cool™ software package for precooling automation.
In partnership with Jim Thompson, of UC Davis, Global is publishing a series of papers to help packer/shippers to better-understand forced-air precooling, and thus reduce costs/increase profits.
Jim Thompson is co-author of “Commercial Cooling of Fruits, Vegetables, and Flowers”, as well as numerous other how-to and research articles on many postharvest topics. The subject of precooling is one of his favourite topics. “Once the product has lost its water,” according to Still, “you can't put it back again.”
“Water is freshness, and freshness sells;”
The sixth paper is titled “The Return on Investment of Forced-Air Precooling”, and explains the costs, benefits, and strategic advantages created, from use of forced-air precoolers, in a dollars and sense manner.
An excerpt from this sixth white paper:
“Assume the added value of improved temperature management is equal to 2% of your annual sales. To calculate your return on investment, divide the increased sales by the amortized cost of installing and operating the forced-air precooler. It is not unusual for a relatively small investment in a top-quality forced-air precooler to pay for itself in less than one season, and to keep on generating additional profits for the entire life of the equipment. A good quality precooler can be a lot like a goose that lays golden eggs year after year! .”
For a free copy of “The ROI of Forced-Air Precooling”, please visit www.PreCoolers.net.
For more information:
Global Cooling Inc.
Tel: +1 610-248-9800.
Publication date: 4/2/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: