- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
StePac adds new film structure to portfolio
StePac has found that the new film is suitable for bulk packaging applications with a wide range of fresh produce items. In recent commercial trials with cantaloupe melons shipped from Brazil to Europe and the Far East, the unique properties of the film resulted in reduced sunken areas than in competitor’s packaging, an issue associated with excess weight loss in prolonged shipments. More favourable gas readings also resulted in less decay and higher firmness.
Cantaloupe melons in the new packaging design shipped from Brazil and inspected in Europe
One of the attractive properties of the new film is that it provides the required water vapour transmission rate for many bulk packaging applications at a lower thickness and therefore there is less environmental impact. Despite the lower thickness, the film is resistant to tear and puncture and has a high sealing strength.
Stepac is also gearing up to participate in Fruit Logistica Berlin, the fresh produce industry's largest trade show. "StePac is a global company with commercial activity in over 42 countries. Therefore, Fruit Logistica is the perfect venue for Stepac to speak directly with customers and cultivate new leads", says Assaf Shachnai, Stepac's VP Sales & Marketing, "Stepac has been a proud exhibitor at Fruit Logistica and other strategic global trade shows for years – it's important to us to be active members and at the forefront of our industry."
This year Stepac will be presenting newly developed pallet shrouds as well as the new film structure.
You can visit Stepac during Fruit Logistica Berlin in Hall 25, booth A04. "We are already scheduling meetings for the show, to arrange yours, send us an email to email@example.com - looking forward to seeing you there!"
For more information:
Tel: +972 (0)4 6123514
Fax: +972 (0)4 9872946
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/25/2018 Mela Val Venosta renews its co-branding with Disney
- 09/25/2018 Shelf life extension packaging now available for meal kits
- 09/24/2018 Mela Val Venosta renews its co-branding with Disney
- 09/24/2018 France: Paprec Recyclage and Groupe Guillin speed up recycling of PET plastic food trays
- 09/21/2018 Small traders’ revenue drops as shoppers avoid plastic packaging
- 09/20/2018 HOFER discounter launches offensive to reduce packaging waste
- 09/18/2018 “Sorting Brussels sprouts optically halves staff needed”
- 09/18/2018 New wok and oven vegetable packs at Albert Heijn
- 09/17/2018 Turning waste products into bioplastics
- 09/17/2018 Waitrose to have loose fruit and vegetable plastic bags removed by spring 2019
- 09/13/2018 Plastic waste almost beats pricing
- 09/13/2018 Iceland to stop selling plastic-packaged bananas
- 09/13/2018 New packaging law applies starting 01.01.2019
- 09/13/2018 Sun World moves packing operations in-house
- 09/12/2018 Potatoes as potato packaging
- 09/12/2018 ''CartoPaper is the sustainable potato packaging for large packers''
- 09/11/2018 Alternative packaging for food made from palm leaves
- 09/06/2018 Are retailers relying too much on plastic packaging?
- 09/06/2018 Aldi announces next step in phasing out plastic packaging for fruit & veg
- 09/06/2018 New packaging solution for Sweet Heart grapes