Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
StePac adds new film structure to portfolioStePac has recently finalized development and qualification of a new film structure to add to its portfolio of unique films for fresh produce packaging applications. The film, which was developed by StePac’s polymer engineer was tested rigorously in lab trials at StePac’s Postharvest & Polymer laboratory in Tefen, Israel and then further qualified in commercial trials with fresh produce.
StePac has found that the new film is suitable for bulk packaging applications with a wide range of fresh produce items. In recent commercial trials with cantaloupe melons shipped from Brazil to Europe and the Far East, the unique properties of the film resulted in reduced sunken areas than in competitor’s packaging, an issue associated with excess weight loss in prolonged shipments. More favourable gas readings also resulted in less decay and higher firmness.
Cantaloupe melons in the new packaging design shipped from Brazil and inspected in Europe
One of the attractive properties of the new film is that it provides the required water vapour transmission rate for many bulk packaging applications at a lower thickness and therefore there is less environmental impact. Despite the lower thickness, the film is resistant to tear and puncture and has a high sealing strength.
Stepac is also gearing up to participate in Fruit Logistica Berlin, the fresh produce industry's largest trade show. "StePac is a global company with commercial activity in over 42 countries. Therefore, Fruit Logistica is the perfect venue for Stepac to speak directly with customers and cultivate new leads", says Assaf Shachnai, Stepac's VP Sales & Marketing, "Stepac has been a proud exhibitor at Fruit Logistica and other strategic global trade shows for years – it's important to us to be active members and at the forefront of our industry."
This year Stepac will be presenting newly developed pallet shrouds as well as the new film structure.
You can visit Stepac during Fruit Logistica Berlin in Hall 25, booth A04. "We are already scheduling meetings for the show, to arrange yours, send us an email to email@example.com - looking forward to seeing you there!"
For more information:
Tel: +972 (0)4 6123514
Fax: +972 (0)4 9872946
Publication date: 1/29/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: