Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- AU import restrictions on certain goods to change this month
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Wilko van der Zwaard: "We never start too early with a product"
Moroccan Clementine-season at Wilko Fruit followed by Nour-ClementinesAccording to Wilko van der Zwaard of Wilko Fruit a super clementine season is finished in Morocco. "Quality wise I have never experienced this in more than thirty years of being involved with Morocco. There was no rain at all during harvesting and the brix and the juice percentages are perfect. Traditionally clients change from Spain to Morocco in January for firm mandarins with the correct sweet/sour percentage. This makes Morocco unique," Wilko continues.
"We finished the clementine season last week and we now extend the season with more than enough Nour-Clementines, the colour of which is of the very best. Prices of the clementines were far too low because of the large harvest. The prices of the Nour are right to encourage promotions at the moment. We advise our customers to go into the Nour-Clementines as much as possible with the result that they will be able to trade in good, tasty, juicy Clementines without problems for a long period," the importer says.
Wilko Fruit has quite a number of packing possibilities for the Nour-Clementines varying from 10 kg wooden boxes to girsac- or girplus possibilities in cartons from Europool. "These will be readily available during the next four weeks and next week they will arrive in Pitufo packing as well" Wilko tells. Wilko Fruit looks after the marketing on behalf of Agrisouss, which includes the cooperatives M'Brouka, Sofia-Sud and Prima-Souss. The Nour season will be followed by the Afourer-mandarins in four weeks time.
The brands we are receiving are Gaudias, Moulouya-sun, Tafraout, Alpha, Sofia-Sud, Sofia-Star, Maroc-Star, Amal, Primouss en Admine.
From week 6 we start with Salustianana's as they are then at their very best. We never start too early with a product as otherwise one may be one's own worst enemy, if the clients of our clients do not come back. The Wilko Fruit team is ready to book your orders," Wilko concludes.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/29/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: