Job offersmore »
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Salad vending machine sells organic meals on the goFarmer’s Fridge is a food company with a unique product: a vending machine that sells salads packed in sealed, recyclable containers.
The company prepares gourmet salads, snacks, and breakfast food early in the morning from fresh produce that are organic and mostly locally sourced. The company prepares the food daily in a fully licensed shared kitchen then delivers the packed salads to the vending machines by 10 AM. Unsold salads are donated to a local food pantry.
The company is SPE-certified, which means the food is properly sourced and nutritionally-balanced and delicious.
The vending machines, which the company prefers to call automated refrigerated kiosks, are constructed with reclaimed wood and some recycled materials. The machine accepts all major credit cards and features touch screens and bar code scanners for coupons and email receipts.
The kiosks cuts down on counter costs and allows people to buy affordable healthy food on the go. The company also offers catering and delivery services within the Chicago area.
The kiosks are currently located only in Chicago, but Farmer’s Fridge founder Luke Saunders is looking at getting them to New York in the future, according to a post on Well + Good.
Publication date: 2/3/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: