Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The new strawberry variety Garda invades Germany!The New Year 2014 starts brilliantly for CRA – Fruit Crop Research Unit of Forlì signing an important Nursery License Agreement for the Propagation and marketing in Germany and Austria of the Italian strawberry variety Garda with two German companies: Kraege e MaLe Samenhandel.
Kraege Beerenpflanzen is an important nursery farm in the Northwestern Germany which, for more than 40 years, has been multiplying more than 20 varieties of strawberry and raspberry on about 100 hectares. It produces and markets strawberry fresh, cold-stored and waiting bed (WB) plants.
MaLe Samenhandel, founded in 1996, is located in the Rhine Valley, near Karlsruhe, and it is a big enterprise for the strawberry plant business.
"These two companies acquired the non-exclusive rights to produce and sell Garda plants for 20 propagating cycles. The expiry date of this Agreement is indeed the end of 2034," Walther Faedi, Director of the CRA-FRF of Forlì, explains to FreshPlaza expecting a starting investment of about 1 million in plants.
Kraege and MaLe join the group of the three Italian licensees: Apo Scaligera of Verona (exclusive propagation rights in Veneto region), Coviro of Ravenna and Vivai F.lli Zanzi of Ferrara, to which CRA-FRF entrusts the diffusion of this new variety in the European Union.
"Garda – the Director of CRA-FRF of Forlì continues – shows to be a true innovation in the world of early strawberry varieties. Beyond earliness it combines perfect regular shape, easy fruit picking, firmness and good taste: traits being very appreciated by both growers and consumers."
Released in 2012, Garda has already become an important cultural reality in the Veneto regions strawberry industry where, in Verona area, it will presumably represent about 20% of strawberry cultivated areas in 2014.
For any further information, please download Garda descriptive sheet (click here).
Unità di Ricerca per la Frutticoltura - Forlì
Via La Canapona, 1 bis - Magliano (FC)
47122 Forlì (FC) - Italy
Ph.: +39 0543 404914
Publication date: 1/9/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: