Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
"King Rustic" potato debuts at Walmart, just in time for holidaysWhile the russet potato has been a fixture on kitchen tables across America for as long as . . . well, we've had kitchen tables . . . a new variety of russet is waking up taste buds just in time for the holidays with a smoother, moister and richer taste.
That's good news for potato lovers everywhere, considering the average American eats 142 pounds of potatoes a year or almost 365 potatoes per person – an average of about a potato a day.
All-new King Rustics from MountainKing, now available at Walmart in five pound bags, may look like a traditional russet potato, despite the slightly lighter tan skin and golden flesh. However, inside the King Rustic is an altogether different story.
Ideal for baking, mashing and frying, its melt-in-your-mouth taste (even before you add the butter) actually was developed by the Dutch in the early 1980s. Yet these King Rustics come from high atop the Colorado Rocky Mountains where the rich soil and snow melt makes for a potato grower's dream.
Besides their great tastes, the King Rustics are jam-packed with vitamins, minerals and fibers, particularly in their peels, as well as antioxidants that may protect the body against certain types of cancers and heart disease. One serving of potatoes provides 45% of the recommended Daily Value of vitamin C while one potato contains more potassium than a banana.
For recipes, cooking demonstration videos and more, go to www.mtnking.com and "like" MountainKing Potatoes on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MountainKing-Potatoes. Also, "like" Walmart on Facebook at www.facebook.com/walmart and "follow" on Twitter @Walmart.
Publication date: 12/6/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: