Job offersmore »
- Divisional Sales Manager - North-East United States
- Greenhouse Sales Manager Canada
- Horticulture Sales Specialist - U.S. & Canada
- Horticultural Lighting Technical Sales Representative – Central & Eastern US
- Head Grower Lettuce - Coaldale, Canada (AB)
- Sales Account Manager, Horticulture - United States
- Stellvertretender Betriebsleiter - Switzerland
- Sales Representatives - Europe/North Africa/Asia/United States of America
- Grower specialist lettuce and other leafy vegetables, Canada
- Head Grower, Co-Founder - Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Hundreds of thousands of kilograms of top fruit ready for destruction
- “Brazil the only country supplying mangoes to Europe all year round”
- Costa Rica finds its niche as Brazil tries to extend its season
- “It is almost impossible to market a new apple variety”
- Fresh Summit sets East Coast attendee record
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Penny Market is the favourite German discount supermarket
Publication date: 10/7/2013
The German institute for quality in Hamburg was commissioned by the German news channel n-tv, to question consumers about their experience with the service, product quality, product range, prices and premises of discount supermarket branches. It was found that more than 80% of customers were satisfied or very satisfied with the price level of the discounters. The product quality was given a less satisfactory result; only one quarter of the customers giving a very satisfied rating.
Consumers rated the meat and bakery products the worst. Around 43% of those questioned were not at all satisfied with the quality of the meat products. Bakery products rated just as poorly. Fruit, vegetables and dairy products rated better. Around 84% of consumers questioned stated that the close proximity of the shop was a reason for their choice of discount supermarket. Only 25% of consumers stated "cheaper prices" as the reason.
From the survey, Penny Market was rated the favourite discount supermarket of 2013. The amount of consumers reporting their satisfaction with the prices of this retailer was around 87%. On top of that Penny Market's discount and décor left the competitors behind. Lidl came in second, with its prices leading to the highest satisfaction percentage and in the eyes of the customer they also had the better service and product assortment. The strong point of number three, Aldi Süd were the prices and décor. Customer satisfaction was rated as good for two of the discounters and four rated as satisfactory.
Publication date: 10/7/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: