Job offersmore »
- Sales/Purchase - Germany
- Manager Apple Orchard - Germany
- Technical Agronomy Support/Trainee Project Leader - Yorkshire, UK
- Assistant Grower - Tehachapi, CA
- General Manager - Tehachapi, CA
- Plant Specialist Horticulture - Netherlands / Poland / Ukraine / Finland
- Global Director City Farming - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist City Farms - Netherlands
- Quality Manager - Spain
- Spanish Speaking Operations/Warehouse Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Fyffes Exec: "Takeovers have been an important factor in the growth of Fyffes"
- Free resources to help produce marketers master social media
- Return of the ‘cherry Ferrari’ as the glamour fruit season begins
- Family flee home after hundreds of dangerous spiders found in bunch of bananas
- Taking genetic modification to a new level
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Record year at Fruit Logistica
- Gap between kiwi seasons bodes well for European suppliers
- NZ: "20-40% increase in Gold production is a real sign that we are coming out of the crisis.”
- "Patents on breakthrough innovations in seeds are the soul of sustainability"
- Spain: Scientific discovery that could prevent the spread of plant viruses
Exchange ratesmore »
Penny Market is the favourite German discount supermarket
Publication date: 10/7/2013
The German institute for quality in Hamburg was commissioned by the German news channel n-tv, to question consumers about their experience with the service, product quality, product range, prices and premises of discount supermarket branches. It was found that more than 80% of customers were satisfied or very satisfied with the price level of the discounters. The product quality was given a less satisfactory result; only one quarter of the customers giving a very satisfied rating.
Consumers rated the meat and bakery products the worst. Around 43% of those questioned were not at all satisfied with the quality of the meat products. Bakery products rated just as poorly. Fruit, vegetables and dairy products rated better. Around 84% of consumers questioned stated that the close proximity of the shop was a reason for their choice of discount supermarket. Only 25% of consumers stated "cheaper prices" as the reason.
From the survey, Penny Market was rated the favourite discount supermarket of 2013. The amount of consumers reporting their satisfaction with the prices of this retailer was around 87%. On top of that Penny Market's discount and décor left the competitors behind. Lidl came in second, with its prices leading to the highest satisfaction percentage and in the eyes of the customer they also had the better service and product assortment. The strong point of number three, Aldi Süd were the prices and décor. Customer satisfaction was rated as good for two of the discounters and four rated as satisfactory.
Publication date: 10/7/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: