Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Penny Market is the favourite German discount supermarket
The German institute for quality in Hamburg was commissioned by the German news channel n-tv, to question consumers about their experience with the service, product quality, product range, prices and premises of discount supermarket branches. It was found that more than 80% of customers were satisfied or very satisfied with the price level of the discounters. The product quality was given a less satisfactory result; only one quarter of the customers giving a very satisfied rating.
Consumers rated the meat and bakery products the worst. Around 43% of those questioned were not at all satisfied with the quality of the meat products. Bakery products rated just as poorly. Fruit, vegetables and dairy products rated better. Around 84% of consumers questioned stated that the close proximity of the shop was a reason for their choice of discount supermarket. Only 25% of consumers stated "cheaper prices" as the reason.
From the survey, Penny Market was rated the favourite discount supermarket of 2013. The amount of consumers reporting their satisfaction with the prices of this retailer was around 87%. On top of that Penny Market's discount and décor left the competitors behind. Lidl came in second, with its prices leading to the highest satisfaction percentage and in the eyes of the customer they also had the better service and product assortment. The strong point of number three, Aldi Süd were the prices and décor. Customer satisfaction was rated as good for two of the discounters and four rated as satisfactory.
Publication date: 10/7/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: