Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: 'Cloudy with a Chance' of Giant's action for hungerOn September 6, Feeding America’s 2013 Hunger Action Month will get a giant kickoff at San Francisco’s AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants, 2012 World Series champions.
In an unprecedented partnership tied to the upcoming release of animated comedy “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2,” Sony Pictures Animation, Feeding America and leading fresh produce companies, including California Giant Berry Farms, Duda Farm Fresh Foods, Grimmway Farms and Cal-Organic, are joining together in the shared commitment to help solve hunger in America.
Feeding America’s annual Hunger Action Month is a month-long event dedicated to raising public awareness of hunger in America. Every September, event activities bring together the Feeding America national network of food banks – such as the San Francisco and Marin Food Banks – and partnering agencies to urge individuals and businesses to take action in their communities. Following an official kickoff on September 5, Hunger Action Day, San Francisco will follow suit with its banner event at the September 6th Giants game.
Giants fans will be encouraged to bring canned goods or to make cash donations to Feeding America, and will be treated to complimentary pre-game fresh snacks, including baby carrots from Grimmway Farms and Cal-Organic, celery sticks from Duda Farm Fresh Foods and strawberries from California Giant Berry Farms.
Grocery shoppers will also get a chance to support Feeding America and Hunger Action Month in supermarkets across the country. Shoppers should look for specially packaged product from participating produce suppliers featuring Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 artwork and a QR code that will link them to Cloudy2win.com for movie rewards, recipes, information about the film, and donation information.
Lucio Guerrero, VP Communications
Tel: (312) 629-7219
Cindy Jewell, Director of Marketing
California Giant Berry Farms
Tel: (831) 728-1773
Publication date: 9/3/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: