Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Israeli sweet potato exports commenceThis week Israeli exporters began shipping sweet potatoes, and early indicators point to a jump in quality over last year's product.
Carmy Export is an Israeli grower and exporter with experience in shipping a variety of products. Yitzhak Carmy, CEO of Carmy Export, noted that the first sweet potatoes from the packing house have shown signs of superior quality when compared to last year's product.
“The quality is excellent for two reasons,” explained Carmy. “First, we overcame the sweet potato virus that attacked our crops in previous years, and the second reason is that we had very good weather conditions.” With mild Summer weather, Carmy expects production to reach 10,000 tons this export season.
Based on good volume and excellent quality, Carmy is expecting a good season. They mostly ship to Europe and the UK in six kilogram and 15 kilogram boxes.
“The first shipment will be sent early next week to England and the Netherlands,” said Carmy, “and we expect this season to be more productive than the last.” Shipments will continue through March 2014.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/30/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: