Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Israeli sweet potato exports commenceThis week Israeli exporters began shipping sweet potatoes, and early indicators point to a jump in quality over last year's product.
Carmy Export is an Israeli grower and exporter with experience in shipping a variety of products. Yitzhak Carmy, CEO of Carmy Export, noted that the first sweet potatoes from the packing house have shown signs of superior quality when compared to last year's product.
“The quality is excellent for two reasons,” explained Carmy. “First, we overcame the sweet potato virus that attacked our crops in previous years, and the second reason is that we had very good weather conditions.” With mild Summer weather, Carmy expects production to reach 10,000 tons this export season.
Based on good volume and excellent quality, Carmy is expecting a good season. They mostly ship to Europe and the UK in six kilogram and 15 kilogram boxes.
“The first shipment will be sent early next week to England and the Netherlands,” said Carmy, “and we expect this season to be more productive than the last.” Shipments will continue through March 2014.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/30/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: