Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Israeli pomegranate season early this yearCompared to other years, the Israeli Pomegranates season started earlier. Mor International started exporting pomegranates 3 weeks ago. Alex Barash, Pomegranates Product manager claims that, in his opinion, the pomegranate price in the local market actually dictated the export price. In the first 2 weeks there was a big demand for pomegranates and as a result the price was high enough to justify air shipments.
Arthur Yusim, pomegranate sales manager for Europe at Mor International, says that Mor is ahead of its competitors by 2 weeks, which creates some advantage, but the real challenge is in the fruit marketing during the later period when there is also fruit from Turkey and Egypt.
Mr Yusim added that Mor's marketing advantage is the synergy among all marketing channels such as the local market and export markets which allows spreading of the 4,000 tons that Mor is exporting from Israel and South Africa to give the growers the best value.
Mor's strategy is supplying its customers all varieties and a range of products all year around, and according to Mr. Yusim, pomegranates are not an exception.
"This year, our packing house in South Africa packed from March until the end of May and we expect to improve the volume next year. In South Africa as well as in Israel the dominant varieties are Wonderful, Hershkovitz & Akko. Despite the fact that Poms were eventually marketed to the local networks, there is no doubt that this is a big step towards achieving our goals," concluded Mr Yusim.
For more information:
Mor (K.B) International Ltd.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: