- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- M&S starts selling first 'Instagrammable vegetable'
- New York apple growers to harvest 31 million cartons this fall
- Delytics harvest predictions prove to be valuable for New Zealand Navels
- Quimas launches modified atmosphere and SO2 bags
- "Certificates are good, but you also have to prove yourself to your customers"
Top 5 -last week
Ugandan company wants to increase exports to Europe
The company is linked to a group of growers, who come together to export their products. At the moment Ronnie's Establishment export to Dubai and London, but the company is looking expand exports in Europe through Amsterdam.
"Most of our products are naturally grown though a little conventional pesticide is used to prevent our products from pests henceforth observing the pre–harvesting intervals," explains Roy Senoga. "We are aware of the growing consumer needs thus producing good quality fresh products is our trade mark. Our main farm produces an average of 30% of the total exports and the remaining 70% is from our 25 loyal out growers."
Being a land locked country produce is exported via air, according to Senoga, Amsterdam is a very attractive destination for the products from Uganda. He said that the grower's group could increase exports up to 10-20 tons per week depending on the product.
Other fresh produce includes hot pepper, sweet pineapples, matooke bananas, avocados, apple banana, passion fruit, sweet potatoes, garden egg chillies.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 Fruit variety and convenience for your winter wine
- 09/20/2018 Dominican Republic opens commercial relations with China
- 09/19/2018 Danish producer saves 75 tons of 'ugly' tomatoes
- 09/19/2018 US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- 09/19/2018 "We will never be the cheapest producer in the world"
- 09/18/2018 Why the tomato was feared in Europe for more than 200 years
- 09/18/2018 India: Prices of imported goods up 8-12% due to falling rupee
- 09/17/2018 Turkey to grow tomatoes and tropical fruits in Sudan
- 09/17/2018 Philippines: Bukidnon farmers ready to sell vegetables to Manila markets
- 09/14/2018 Belgium: More fruit but fewer vegetables eaten in 2017
- 09/14/2018 UK: S&A Group Holdings fresh produce supplier grows profit
- 09/14/2018 January-July 2018: Agro-exports Peru totalled $3.275 billion
- 09/14/2018 Turkish exporters eye Far Eastern countries
- 09/13/2018 Spain: Rains have caused more good than harm in Valencia
- 09/13/2018 Tanzania: Zanzibar vegetable industry scrutinised
- 09/13/2018 Fruttella for Food Industries achieves €6.72 mln worth of sales
- 09/12/2018 Romania: 6.5% rise in fruit and veg imports
- 09/12/2018 Large tomato supply affects trade in Zambia
- 09/12/2018 Greek fruit and veg exports to European destinations on the rise
- 09/12/2018 Red Tractor launches TV campaign