Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ugandan company wants to increase exports to EuropeRonnie's Establishment a Ugandan company established in 2008, produces and exports fresh fruit and vegetables. The main products are Okra, Scotch Bonnet, Cyenne chilles and green bananas.
The company is linked to a group of growers, who come together to export their products. At the moment Ronnie's Establishment export to Dubai and London, but the company is looking expand exports in Europe through Amsterdam.
"Most of our products are naturally grown though a little conventional pesticide is used to prevent our products from pests henceforth observing the pre–harvesting intervals," explains Roy Senoga. "We are aware of the growing consumer needs thus producing good quality fresh products is our trade mark. Our main farm produces an average of 30% of the total exports and the remaining 70% is from our 25 loyal out growers."
Being a land locked country produce is exported via air, according to Senoga, Amsterdam is a very attractive destination for the products from Uganda. He said that the grower's group could increase exports up to 10-20 tons per week depending on the product.
Other fresh produce includes hot pepper, sweet pineapples, matooke bananas, avocados, apple banana, passion fruit, sweet potatoes, garden egg chillies.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: