Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Tsunami hits Mallorca and Menorca
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ugandan company wants to increase exports to EuropeRonnie's Establishment a Ugandan company established in 2008, produces and exports fresh fruit and vegetables. The main products are Okra, Scotch Bonnet, Cyenne chilles and green bananas.
The company is linked to a group of growers, who come together to export their products. At the moment Ronnie's Establishment export to Dubai and London, but the company is looking expand exports in Europe through Amsterdam.
"Most of our products are naturally grown though a little conventional pesticide is used to prevent our products from pests henceforth observing the pre–harvesting intervals," explains Roy Senoga. "We are aware of the growing consumer needs thus producing good quality fresh products is our trade mark. Our main farm produces an average of 30% of the total exports and the remaining 70% is from our 25 loyal out growers."
Being a land locked country produce is exported via air, according to Senoga, Amsterdam is a very attractive destination for the products from Uganda. He said that the grower's group could increase exports up to 10-20 tons per week depending on the product.
Other fresh produce includes hot pepper, sweet pineapples, matooke bananas, avocados, apple banana, passion fruit, sweet potatoes, garden egg chillies.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: