Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Sinaloa mango pack-house opens for the season
- 45 double ripening chambers in new Lidl Moerdijk distribution centre
- TAPKIT: 500m2 self-assembly hydroponic greenhouse
- Chilean Hortifrut interested in buying the largest Peruvian producer of blueberries
- “We provide remote, in-transit corrective actions to containerized shipments”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kimaye pomegranate fresh form IndiaThe Indian Bhagwa pomegranate has been marketed under the Kimaye brand by INI Farms since 2011. These pomegranates are hand picked from INI's own farms and a network of other growers. INI Farms has GlobalGap certified farms. The Bhagwa variety has a long shelf life and has dark red arils. The arils are sweet to taste and have edible seeds unlike most other varieties in the market.
INI manage 800 acres of which the majority is new plantation. Kalpesh Khivasara, General Manager at INI Farms says they expect to harvest more than 1000 tons this season. The season runs from June – October and from December - April.
60 – 80% of the production goes for export with Europe being the largest market. The Indian domestic market is willing to pay a premium for quality and better packing and is slowly realizing the food safety issues. The establishment of modern retail stores ensures that the fruit reaches the end consumer in the shortest possible time with the highest quality.
The "Kimaye" brand is used for all export and domestic markets.
INI Farms took part in this year's Fruit Logistica in Berlin to introduce its Kimaye pomegranates to a wider audience. The company received great response from visitors across the world. Service providers, importers, retailers from Netherlands, Spain, France, Russia, Ukraine, Greece, Germany, UK and Middle East visited the stand and were impressed by the fruit quality and round-the-year supplies.
The “Kimaye Fruit Tasting” session provided the visitors a flavour of the Bhagwa variety in terms of taste. The packaging of Kimaye boxes was universally liked.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: