Job offersmore »
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
AU: Fruit and veg spoilage a problem no more?Fruit and vegetable spoilage is a major industry problem but not for much longer, says Keith Maggs, of Environmental Technologies.
Australian fruit and vegetable wholesalers are installing Primaira’s Bluezone™ 2400 Fresh Preservation Technology supplied by Environmental Technologies Australia in increasing numbers. Keith Maggs of Environmental Technologies, the Australasian importers, believes this is driven by today’s tight economic conditions which all businesses must confront and the need in the fresh food industry to reduce wastage as far as is possible.
Placed in cool rooms at pack sheds, wholesaler agent’s premises and now with a model for retail stores or restaurants, Bluezone™ Fresh Preservation Technology has the ability to reduce fresh produce spoilage by half. Designed initially for the United States Army Primaira’s Bluezone™ is a unique, patented technology that strips microbes, ethylene, hydrocarbons, odours and other contaminants from the atmosphere. Its positive effect on produce quality and storage life has been demonstrated for use in transport containers, cold storage rooms, walk-in refrigerators, reach-in refrigerators and general food storage areas. It is a self-contained, rugged, low cost, low power, air cleaning technology.
With the fresh fruit season in full swing pack sheds, transporters, wholesalers and retailers are now benefiting from this latest innovation now proven for Australasian conditions. From extending shelf life, slowing ripening, reducing mould and russet spotting to eliminating odours, excessive softening or toughness everyone in the supply chain has been able to see results.
For more information:
Tel: +61 (0)400 545 760
Publication date: 2/12/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: