Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
- Nutritional difference between red and green apples
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL PINEAPPLE MARKET
- South Africa: perfect storm of climatic conditions caused Navel splitting
- Overview of CPMA awards for industry leaders and new products
- Argentina unable to export fruit to China due to lack of quality and high logistical costs
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: R&G Fresh Herbs launches Nature’s FlavoursR&G Fresh Herbs, a UK leading supplier of fresh cut herbs to the supermarket, foodservice and wholesale sectors, is pleased to announce the launch of Nature’s Flavours, the first range of branded, fresh cut herbs to benefit from Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP).
All Nature’s Flavours herbs are packed in micro-perforated bags, allowing the herbs to breathe more effectively, ensuring the perfect gas-balance and creating the ideal storage atmosphere, prolonging both taste and appearance, even at ambient temperature. MAP works by slowing down the herbs’ metabolism, which in turn helps the herbs stay fresher for longer, in the most natural way possible.
Dean Fowler, R&G’s Commercial Manager, said: ‘R&G is leveraging over 50 years experience to introduce a new brand, the first of its kind in fresh herbs, that stands for premium, consistent quality and delivers a superior taste, packed full of flavour and vitality.’
‘We’re the only fresh herb supplier to consistently use MAP in our bagged products and we only source herbs from mature plants, to ensure the fullest flavour,’ he added.
The Nature’s Flavours range consists of over 20 lines including long-standing favourites such as basil, coriander and mint, alongside less mainstream varieties including rocolla, marjoram and lovage. A full list is included at the end of this press release. Nature’s Flavours herbs will be available in both 50 and 100gram bags, launching nationwide to foodservice and wholesale customers from November 19.
Fowler continued, ‘From environmentally responsible sourcing, strict adherence to worker welfare standards and implementing a full product traceability system, combined with harvesting and carefully packing herbs from mature plants, Nature’s Flavours herbs meets the most stringent quality control standards. This ensures a premium product, that looks as good as it tastes, every time.’
R&G has also launched a range of exotic micro herbs under the Nature’s Flavours brand via the Ocado website. The range, all packed in 8gram punnets and priced at £1.39 each, consists of Micro Salad Mix, Micro Red Vein Sorrel, Micro Green Basil, Micro Coriander and Micro Oriental Mix. Customer demand has been buoyant and orders are already 80% above forecast.
‘It’s about time the fresh herbs sector had a benchmark brand and we’re proud and excited to offer a product range that fulfills all the brand values that we, as veterans of the fresh produce industry, believe in.’ he added.
For further information, please visit www.naturesflavours.co.uk
Publication date: 11/14/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: