Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: no risks of foreign bodies in Rago's salads thanks to a new machine
Rago Group is a leading Italian company specialized in a wide range of baby leaf products (rocket, spinach, red and green batavia, lambs lettuce, red chard, red mustard, bull's blood etc.) all grown in tunnels. With a presence in the business for over 120 years, Rago is a family of growers with a passion for farming and many steady investments in innovation are the strongest features of Rago.
One of the latest implementations has been the adding of a new machine to clean the bulk product before it is processed. The machine has two bouncing belts as well as a gap between the two belts that uses compressed air to blow the product across the gap. Any product that is not a leaf or that is heavy will fall between the gap and be discarded.
Rago has installed this machine in an effort to reduce all the foreign bodies (FB) which could be present in the raw material. Rago management explains: "This machine, coupled with our field working teams, should allow us to provide a better product with no instances of FB problems. The machine allows us to work quickly and with high precision. Our salads are of a very high quality, no damaged leaves... or anything else problematic".
"Moreover, our two new 'metal detectors' are calibrated in such a way that no foreign body could pass undetected. This is a guarantee for the extreme purity of packaged salads; even the smallest material could stop the production line!", Rago management adds.
This year Rago has invested approximately €2 million in the company. The money has been allocated in the renovation of the industrial factory, adding a whole refrigerated area for loading and unloading of goods, avoiding sudden temperature changes. The trucks loading the products at 4° C come directly from the fields and deposit it within the company for the verification activities.
Besides all this, Rago is also using a new 'dryer' for the young leaves destined to fresh-cut products. This dryer has got a revolutionary system that eliminates washing water, making the leaves completely dry without damaging them in any way. "There have been several tests on our various products and the difference with the centrifuges we used in the past is really substantial! Resulting in a clean, whole, fresh and mostly dry leaf".
Az. Agr. I PINI di Rago Rosario
Via. S.P. 312 Santa Lucia Sup.
84090 Battipaglia (SA) Italy
Office +39 0828 671 404
Italy Fax +39 0828 673092
London UK +44 208 144 8259
N.Y. USA 1+315 636 4195
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here