- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- More flooding expected in Orange River region
- "We want to minimize the impact of chilling damage on avocado quality"
- New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- Demand for pomegranates triples at Christmas
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
"Frederic Liotier, STL Technology: "change will not come from the grower"'"
Supermarkets shape fresh produce supply chain
Frederic Loiter, second to the left, with his team of STL Technology
Consumer demands are changing and are shaping the fresh produce industry in China. According to Frederic this is one of the biggest forces of change: “fresh fruits and vegetables packing lines are run by growers, dedicated packing centres or by supermarkets. There are a number of integrated growers that are able to take on part of the packaging and logistic chain. However, in China, this is generally done by specialised packing centres or by the supermarkets. The biggest force shaping the market are the consumers. We see that Chinese customers demand premium and safe products, and are looking for the most convenient ways to obtain these. Consumers influence what supermarkets have on offer. In return, supermarkets are shaping the whole supply chain. Supermarkets feel the pressure to improve their fresh produce product offering and quality. Supermarkets currently loose 25% to 30% of fresh meat and fresh fruit and vegetables. This is absolutely not sustainable. To combat this, supermarkets are pushing down the full chain to cutback on losses. Our machines can provide huge added value here. We can improve product quality and shelf-life.”
STL Technology machines in use to pack fresh chicory
"Supermarkets have the power to recommend packaging and other technology providers to their suppliers. This is another reason why supermarkets provide important opportunities for us."
Cooperation with Glorytimes
“In addition, packing centres are looking to increase their reach. Packing centres can fulfil different roles. They conduct product selection, provide CA storage facilities, logistic services, packing services and sales channels to supermarkets. Glorytimes, for example, is a prominent producer and packing company. Glorytimes buys large quantities of apples and other fruits and carefully select their products. They are working to introduce their own brand in supermarkets. In order to achieve this new packaging lines are needed.”
“Currently three of our machines have been installed to be tested for three months by different clients. We attended 8 trade fairs in 2015 and received a lot of positive feedback. Our machines are more efficient then current machines on the market and clients are looking to change suppliers. A number of installed machines are not even in use because they are such struggle to operate. The Chinese fresh produce industry is on its way to reach the same level as in Western countries. This change will not come from the base, not from the grower, but from consumers. We are strongly positioned to cater for this change."
For more information:
Contact number: +86 535 6361238
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Limoneira announces new vice president of field operations
- 2022-12-01 Nile’s futuristic vision is gaining traction in Southern Africa
- 2022-12-01 Australian Table Grape Association welcomes new board members
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation
- 2022-11-30 Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- 2022-11-30 Avocado board program educates future board participants
- 2022-11-30 Murcian company with a workforce of almost 240 workers has filed for bankruptcy
- 2022-11-30 Zespri releases climate change adaption plan
- 2022-11-30 Hortifrut grows its quarterly income by 19% thanks to dynamic blueberry offer
- 2022-11-30 "Thanks to our laser cutting equipment, we are able to produce machine parts within a few hours"
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy
- 2022-11-28 Fruit importer happy to be back at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 2022-11-28 Very strong third-quarter financial results in a more challenging economic and geopolitical environment
- 2022-11-28 Dutch pallet company officially inaugurates new building