- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Peruvian Asparagus Importer's Association announces Co-Chairmen
Elected by a member vote at the October 2015 meeting, re-elected were Co-Chair Walter Yager of Alpine Fresh, Miami, Florida and newly elected Co-Chair Jay Rodriguez, of Crystal Valley Foods, Miami, Florida.
The Peruvian Asparagus Importers Association would like to welcome these very accomplished Chairmen to their assignments. “Our Chairmen are commissioned to help guide the association in our efforts to facilitate and further develop asparagus trade, address industry or category matters and assist in evolving the asparagus category as a whole,” says Priscilla Lleras-Bush, Coordinator for the Peruvian Asparagus Importers Association.
As an association, PAIA collectively works on all issues affecting the industry and has shared goals to advance the trade and succeed in importing the freshest products into the United States as well as meet consumer demand with the freshest supply of Peruvian Asparagus. This benefits all who are involved from the grower to the retailer and to the end consumer.
The association will focus even greater efforts in 2016 on spreading the positive word to trade press, supermarkets and consumers concerning the benefits of fresh asparagus. Through articles, advertisements, direct-communication, and trade show participation, the association anticipates increasing consumption and demand for fresh asparagus in 2016/2017.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition
- 2022-11-23 Fyffes melon subsidiary wins social responsibility award in Honduras
- 2022-11-23 West Pak Avocado adds to sales team
- 2022-11-22 Oppy's John Anderson named to Business Laureates Hall of Fame
- 2022-11-22 Del Monte Foods finishes new Doha facility
- 2022-11-21 Paul Mastronardi honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2022-11-21 Monterey Mushrooms hires new western region sales director
- 2022-11-21 British Columbia and Saskatchewan companies partner in improving soil health
- 2022-11-21 France: Ombrea signs partnership with Banque des Territoires for 350 MW of agrivoltaic projects