- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
EU Fresh Info Forum & Round Table- Rotterdam, 1-2 Dec., 2015
San Lucar: Strategic value of information in fresh trade
Christoph Waltert, Business Excellence Manager for SanLucar Fruit, will participate as speaker within the Forum program, to discuss the strategic importance of the effective management of information in the global trade of fruits and vegetables.
“Business Excellence is the continuous search for improvements in processes and yields of any company, and in this sense, to optimize information flows is the starting point for work for efficiency,” explains Waltert.
“There are many actors involved in the daily life of an international brand, such as SanLucar, from the field to the product presentation at the point of sale”.
“That is why it is essential to review and standardize processes to prevent the possible loss of information throughout the value chain”, he adds.
Sanlucar is one of the few companies in the fruit sector which has an internal working group to ensure that information is accessible, accurate and easy to understand for everyone. In addition, the company is part of GS1, a European group dedicated to the design and implementation of global standards and solutions to improve the efficiency and visibility of supply chains.
“The reality of the market is showing us that the most successful companies in the trade of fresh products are those who consider the information management as a strategic asset for their development and future growth.”, concludes Waltert.
For more information:
Tel: +96 142 40 40 Ext. 2410
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-03 Fruit Logistica magazine FreshPlaza/Primeur now available online
- 2023-02-02 IBO announces program for 2023 summit in Poland
- 2023-02-01 France: National Strawberry Day returns to CTIFL on February 22
- 2023-01-31 Mexican Association hosts 4th annual Agricultural Social Responsibility Symposium
- 2023-01-31 International symposium on horticultural irrigation takes centre stage in Stellenbosch
- 2023-01-30 Despite challenging 2022, Serbian fruit exports are increasing
- 2023-01-30 Fepex's next assembly in Lleida will focus on climate change and digitalization
- 2023-01-27 IFPA opens nominations for 2023 Produce Excellence in Foodservice Awards program
- 2023-01-27 Dutch ambitions to make the international fresh food chain more sustainable
- 2023-01-26 Multi-million agriculture deals might be struck at Africa Agri Expo in Nairobi
- 2023-01-24 UPM Rotterdam Forum on sustainable and social impact in Mexico
- 2023-01-24 Viva Fresh registration opens this week
- 2023-01-24 2023 Pacific Northwest Cranberry Congress next month
- 2023-01-24 SIVAL: end of the 36th edition
- 2023-01-23 Serbia: 4th AgroBelgrade fair to be held in Belgrade between January 26 and 28
- 2023-01-23 The countdown to World Avocado Congress NZ 2023 is on
- 2023-01-20 BreedingValue: Workshop on Genetic Resources
- 2023-01-20 Panel discussion: "Between system relevance and cost explosion - fruit growing in uncertain times"
- 2023-01-18 Registrations open for North American Strawberry Symposium
- 2023-01-18 FederUnacoma to attend FIRA in Toulouse