- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Mexico: Expo AgroAlimentaria sees 60% growth in exhibition space
“We’re 3.5 km from the exit of the federal road connecting Irapuato and Abasolo, in a location twice the size: 630 thousand square metres. The investment to improve the infrastructure has amounted to 60 million pesos (about 3.4 million Euro) and we are really happy with it. Visitors and exhibitors will have better and faster access to the show."
As regards the event’s capacity, Mr García Balderas states that this year there will be 1,300 exhibition spaces with some 800 different exhibitors from 46 countries. “Compared to last year the expansion in the area for exhibitors has amounted to about 60%, which is a substantial growth.”
One of the few little setbacks this year has been that the event will coincide with the celebration of Thanksgiving in the United States on Friday, “Next year we’ll organise the event again in the second week of November and everything will go back to normal,” Balderas affirms.
All in all, Mr Gustavo García Balderas is convinced that November is a great month for such an event, since its the best time of the year to launch new products in preparation for the upcoming New Year. Many farmers and growers always attend the event to learn more about the new products and to get acquainted with new supplies and materials for their business or expansions in the new season.
The trade show is the most important event in the field of greenhouse horticulture in Mexico. While the show is organized in the central region of Mexico, it also focuses on development in the entire country. As well as this, the event has proven to contribute to horticulture business development in North America in general, as the event brings together both international and local stakeholders and suppliers.
When? From 24-27 November in Irapuato, Mexico.
Please have a look at our photo report with all the greenhouse technology that was on display at the Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato last year.
HortiDaily.com will again be present this year to make a complete report of the show, plus we will interview exhibitors and growers at the show. Have some news for us in regards to the Mexican greenhouse industry? Or do you want to highlight your project or project launch? Just drop us an e-mail or your press release and we will include this in our newsletter or visit your booth!
More information about the show, program, lodging and the exhibitors can be found at www.expoagrogto.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-28 Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-22 EPC Leadership Class to attend Cornell program at New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Date grower-shipper brings latest products to New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) systems for large, peeled and unpeeled potatoes
- 2022-11-21 “Water, energy and food sovereignty at the heart of medFEL 2023”
- 2022-11-18 Engels Machines at the ExpoSE 2022 fair in Karlsruhe, Germany
- 2022-11-16 "Focus on the future of horticulture" defining theme of IPM Essen
- 2022-11-16 Mini symposium on grape quality to take place on the 2nd of December
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022
- 2022-11-14 Mushroom Days will be from May 10 to 12, 2023
- 2022-11-14 Salobrena will host the First Andalusian Subtropical Fair
- 2022-11-11 Morocco Foodex aims to conquer the British market
- 2022-11-11 New trends, innovations, and chain take center stage at Global Berry Congress
- 2022-11-07 Photo report Asia Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-11-04 Bolivia for the World business meetings 8-25 November 2022
- 2022-11-04 Ecuador is making moves to become more competitive in Asia
- 2022-11-04 Innovations and trends at IFPA
- 2022-11-04 International Agroferomonas and Biological Control Days