- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Avocados Australia looks at export markets as growers brace for another oversupply situation
- "The recent price of Chilean cherries is lower than the same period last year"
- Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
UK berry market grows beyond £1 billion
"The market grew an impressive 31% during the latest period (4 week ending 11th October), which tipped the category over the one billion pounds mark," says Total Worldfresh Managing Director, Mark Player. This growth has come from combination of new customers, buying berries more often. "This is exciting news and is consistent with our own market research where customers demonstrate their excitement and expandability of this category. Indeed through the forthcoming winter season, berries are set to become even more important in the overall fruit category."
"£1 billion is a good milestone," says Mark, "but over the next few years there are many further exciting pathways to the continued accelerated growth in the berry market."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 This year's first of Qingpu District strawberries are hitting the market
- 2022-11-30 New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- 2022-11-30 Apples worth Rs 500 million exported from Mustang district
- 2022-11-30 'Indian banana exports can increase four-fold'
- 2022-11-30 Changing climate: Not all bad news for Maine blueberry growers
- 2022-11-30 Argentinian blueberry exports decrease as the world's blueberry consumption increases
- 2022-11-30 "Effect of lower Dutch strawberry supply is being felt; Egyptian ones in greater demand as that season starts"
- 2022-11-30 French pears remain very popular despite the drop in purchasing power
- 2022-11-30 "Brightly colored fruits are more acceptable in the market"
- 2022-11-30 Total global blueberry shipments from Argentina at 4.228 tons until now
- 2022-11-30 Australia: Alpine apple crop is looking good
- 2022-11-30 Five containers of Moldovan apples ready to ship to India – Moldova Fruct
- 2022-11-30 How to reverse the downward trend of the Piel de Sapo melon
- 2022-11-30 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-11-30 Unexpected result of blackout in the apple sector of Moldova
- 2022-11-30 2022 North America cranberry crop offers modest improvements over 2021’s crop
- 2022-11-30 Good volumes of NZ cherries for for Lunar New Year
- 2022-11-29 Seedless varieties of table grapes are being prepared for planting in Uzbekistan
- 2022-11-29 'SA area planted under cherries could expand by 90% in the next five to six years'
- 2022-11-29 “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”