- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Metro Group reaches sales target and confirms EBIT outlook
The METRO GROUP’s like-for-like sales rose by 1.3% in the 4th quarter of 2014/2015. Both METRO Cash & Carry as well as Media-Saturn have increased their like-for-like sales in the overall year of 2014/2015. The METRO GROUP’s reported turnover in the 4th quarter of 2014/2015 went back with 1.1%, or € 14.2 billion. However, this can be led back to the effects of the exchange rate and portfolio. In local currency, the sales increased by 1.9%.
In the 4th quarter of 2014/2015, the METRO GROUP has also clearly expanded the business in the strategic growth field of online trade and supply, and in doing so managed to strengthen its marketing position and relevance to the customers in many countries. The METRO GROUP is expecting good Christmas sales and has started the current quarter optimistically.
The METRO GROUP can list further steps forward in optimization of the portfolio: the most important event in the 4th quarter would be, as announced, the completion of the sale of Galeria Kaufhof on September 30, 2015. The transaction value amounts to € 2.825 billion, including several commitments. The net cash inflow of € 1.75 billion, which was above the original prognosis, has been received in a timely fashion by the METRO GROUP.
Source: METRO GROUP
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy
- 2022-11-28 Fruit importer happy to be back at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 2022-11-28 Very strong third-quarter financial results in a more challenging economic and geopolitical environment
- 2022-11-28 Dutch pallet company officially inaugurates new building
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition
- 2022-11-23 Fyffes melon subsidiary wins social responsibility award in Honduras
- 2022-11-23 West Pak Avocado adds to sales team
- 2022-11-22 Oppy's John Anderson named to Business Laureates Hall of Fame