- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
SUNSET® debuting new tomato at PMA
"Tomato of Yore™ is going to turn the industry upside down," shared CEO and Tomato Guru, Paul Mastronardi. "It's the first beefsteak tomato that doesn’t compromise flavor; It’s truly incredible."
"The new king of flavor is distinguished by its ridged, bright red exterior, full of juicy, bold flavor. The perfect size for burgers, sandwiches and salads, this is one tomato you’ll be piling on your dish."
What’s in a name?
Tomato of Yore™ gets its namesake from days of past, when larger tomatoes were bright red, ripe, and bursting with flavor. "When people try this tomato, they’re always astonished at how the taste is reminiscent of summer days long ago, eating sweet and juicy tomatoes right from the garden," shared Mastronardi. "Yore, meaning ‘times past’, will take you back with its legendary flavor that’s both sweet and nostalgic."
Dethroning the beefsteak
To demonstrate the difference between a regular beefsteak and Tomato of Yore™, as well as its versatility in the kitchen, SUNSET’s flavor ambassador and Food Network chef Roger Mooking will be on hand at Booth 4847. “Roger will be doing several live cooking demos throughout the weekend, as well as sharing great chef tips for the kitchen,” shared Nancy Pickersgill, Events Manager.
Tasting is believing, so PMA Fresh Summit attendees are invited to SUNSET® booth
4847 to try Tomato of Yore™, as well as other brand new SUNSET® products.
"Ordinary beefsteaks, bow down to the new King of Flavor, Tomato of Yore™."
To learn more, visit sunsetgrown.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-31 Peru projects $260m in business deals for fruit & veg sector from PMA
- 2017-10-31 "Our momentum continues to move forward"
- 2017-10-30 Fresh Summit exhibitors donate more than 312,000 pounds of fresh produce
- 2017-10-27 Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers' JUICI™ apple sees increased US interest
- 2017-10-26 Jin Ju Wilder ‘humbled & eager’ to lead 2017-2018 PMA Board of Directors
- 2017-10-25 Innovations at PMA: American growers get extra value from their product
- 2017-10-24 Fresh Summit exhibitors earn honors
- 2017-10-20 Emerson launches new brand and shipment tracking app
- 2017-10-20 Preparing for new leadership West Pak Avocado debuts new campaign
- 2017-10-20 Children given final call on Sensory Experience Contest winners at PMA
- 2017-10-19 Sunkist citrus season begins at 2017 PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Guatemala will showcase its agricultural exports at the PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Seasonal quartet of juices featured at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Oneonta’s JUICI™ apple to show star power at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Guatemala increases number of delegates by 75% to 80 members
- 2017-10-18 Wonderful Brands unite at PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-18 Fox Solutions™ modifies pouch bagger to accommodate tree fruit
- 2017-10-17 Farmer’s Best exhibits for 21st year at Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-17 New veggies rooted in freshness
- 2017-10-17 Autumn Glory is making its annual debut at PMA Fresh Summit