- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- A tour of the Checkers fresh produce aisles
- Florida grapefruit industry seeing minimal fruit loss post Hurricane Ian
- Chinese Begonia apple exported around the globe for the first time
- "Huge demand for new Portuguese sweet potato crop"
- Vietnamese durian sales are ideal, but product movement of Australian oranges slowed down
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
CAC announces retail contest winners
Participants in CAC’s 5-Star Performance program earned points toward prizes by conducting or participating in various marketing activities that supported California avocados. The contest grand prize was awarded to Save Mart and accepted by Jim Corby, Sr. Director of Customer Solutions – Produce. Other top winners included Sprouts Farmers Market, Stater Bros., Northwest Grocers, Albertsons Southern California and Nugget Markets. In total 23 retailers earned prizes in the contest.
“I’d like to congratulate all of the winners and participants of the California Avocado Commission’s 5-Star Performance Program and thank them for contributing to a successful 2014 season,” said Jan DeLyser, CAC vice president of marketing. “Many of the prize-winning retailers visited CAC’s PMA Fresh Summit booth and had a good time selecting their rewards on the spot.”
Another highlight of the California Avocado Commission Fresh Summit program was their platinum sponsorship of the PBH SRD tour on Saturday, October 18. More than 20 SRDs visited CAC’s booth to learn about California avocados, the California avocado label and avocado nutrition. Registered Dietitian (RD) Katie Ferraro showed the SRDs how they could conduct demos of an easy, nutritious snack recipe, California Avocado Cucumber Cups. After their expo visits the SRDs traveled with CAC and PBH staff to Rancho Mission Viejo for an avocado grove tour and dinner featuring the sponsors’ fresh produce.
On Sunday CAC hosted a brunch for retailers in its Fresh Summit booth. Showcasing how California avocados are perfect for breakfast and snacking, the Commission served California Avocado Blueberry Muffins and guest Chef/RD Michelle Dudash’s California.
Avocado Breakfast Casserole with Spinach and Sweet Potatoes. Avocado ale served with the brunch dishes was a well-received addition.
On both Expo days Dudash shared nutrition tips and samples of California avocado dishes she developed. CAC’s exhibit focused on the story behind the new California avocado label and the care and craftsmanship that goes into cultivating California avocados.
“The turnout for this year’s PMA’s Fresh Summit was outstanding and we really enjoy having the opportunity to showcase our product and programs in California,” said DeLyser. “We’re very pleased with the opportunities CAC had to meet with retailer executives, supermarket dietitians, the media, growers and peers in the produce industry.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-04 Alico, Inc. initial Hurricane Ian assessment: 125 year-old company weathers latest storm
- 2022-10-04 California Avocado Commission announces new president
- 2022-10-04 $20 million USDA funding helps expand markets for climate-smart commodities
- 2022-10-04 Paul-Wouter den Ouden strengthens team Rola Fresh
- 2022-10-04 The Natural Fruit Company acquired NaturGreen
- 2022-10-04 Postuma anniversary party photo report
- 2022-10-04 Business growth and profitability maintained in a particularly adverse environment
- 2022-10-04 Organto’s "I AM Organic” branded products to be sold by Central Europe’s fastest-growing online grocer
- 2022-10-04 Dutch vegetable and pulses company HAK to shut down entire production for six weeks
- 2022-10-03 Te Mata Mushrooms site goes up for sale in Havelock North
- 2022-10-03 Citrosol acquires Fomesa Fruitech and Brogdex Ibérica
- 2022-10-03 Aldi takes fourth place in UK grocery market in 2022 as 3.1 million shoppers switch to the discounter
- 2022-10-03 “Our plan for the future: to become the reference seed company for producers”
- 2022-10-03 Kenyan investor increases stake in fresh food exporting firm Kakuzi
- 2022-09-30 Quebec produce brand receives a makeover
- 2022-09-30 IFPA celebrates Tom Stenzel’s service to produce industry
- 2022-09-30 Mission Produce hosts 10th golf tournament fundraiser
- 2022-09-30 Mercadona, Carrefour and Lidl strengthen their leadership as DIA's and Eroski's market share falls
- 2022-09-30 "Interest from the Spanish market has so far been tremendous"
- 2022-09-30 Former SPC director Reg Weine joins APAL