- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
Vincent Dolan, Total Produce discussing new consumer research in fruit and vegetable sector
"We need to know why consumers are not eating fruit and vegetables"
"The European research is being led by the fruit and vegetable sector. We are going to be looking at 'hidden' motives, and not at 'why' people do or do not choose to buy fruit and vegetables." He showed a movie about the dangers of child obesity. "Three-thirty in the afternoon is when most people snack, and our competitors that sell unhealthy food products play into this very well. We need to make sure that parents are making the right decisions for their children."
From the perspective of the sector
"After a SWOT on the fruit and vegetable sector we saw that out market research was not enough. We do not know our market as well as we know our competitors." Consumer Compass 2015 is not just another study. We have invested in expertise. This means that we are also looking from the perspective of the fruit and vegetable sector. We are looking for the hidden motives that consumers do not want to admit to. Implementation of this research is being carried out by the Rheingold Institute in Germany."
"Consumer Compass 2015 is consistent with the size and quality of a comparable FMCG study. We will interview 6000 European consumers in 12 European countries. People in the government, marketers from the sector and health promoters are all behind this study. In fact, everyone who spends money on promoting the fruit and vegetable sector is behind this study."
"You can think of a lot of reasons why people are not consuming fruits and vegetables, or why they are consuming so little.
The study handles three main areas:
- underlying feeling of the fruit and vegetable sector
- motivation, barriers, and things that stimulate consumption
- How consumers interpret the health message sent from the fruit and vegetable sector
"We want to know what happens when a consumer walks to the refrigerator, sees strawberries and snickers, and then chooses the snickers. Also: what do they think about the message we are sending? Does it not come through anymore? Do they already know it? Are we promoting in the wrong way? Like medicine for example?"
"This study is costing around half a million Euro. "Right now we already have five sponsors: Total Produce, Univeg, Compagnie Fruitiere, Dole and Fyffes. That is a strong start, but we still need more sponsors if we want to realize all our goals for this project."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-05-26 "Ozone as an alternative for CIPC in transport"
- 2020-05-25 Solutions to disinfect fruits, vegetables, and fruit and vegetable collection centers
- 2020-05-22 "Low-cost Chinese thermometers meet all the basic needs of fruit exporters"
- 2020-05-15 "Special COVID-19 bonus" to facilitate labor in the field
- 2020-05-14 The modern mouse trap
- 2020-05-13 Frigga introduces a low-cost, single-use USB datalogger that lasts more than 90 days
- 2020-05-08 Valente produces complete systems for innovative crops
- 2020-05-08 “Traders must keep focusing on tasty snack tomatoes”
- 2020-05-07 Saving on the harvest of small fruits is possible
- 2020-04-30 "We offer the only waste-free post-harvest solution for stone fruit"
- 2020-04-22 Wide range of customization options with the Multytunnel system
- 2020-04-22 Frigga launches ultra-low-cost disposable USB temperature recorder
- 2020-04-22 New tests show significant improvement in watermelon productivity under climatic stress conditions
- 2020-04-14 “We bring a Latin touch to the European market”
- 2020-04-09 Innovative magnetic closing system for anti-insect nets
- 2020-04-01 Microwave technology to assist the fruit and vegetable supply chain
- 2020-04-01 Brandt Europe develops a nutritious solution that controls blossom end rot in California peppers
- 2020-03-30 "Growing number of fruit and vegetable retailers keep products fresh with Logfresh preservative card"
- 2020-03-24 How one Australian company is turning mushrooms into a meat alternative
- 2020-03-19 Vacuclean, the vacuum pyrolysis system for metal filters contaminated with rPET