- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
Germany: Bayer CropScience hosts inaugural Vegetable Future Forum
The one-day event aims at stimulating fresh perspectives on topics ranging from the development of fast-growth markets in Latin America and Asia Pacific, evolution of the biological market, to overall market trends and dynamics. Speakers represented companies such as METRO Group, Nestlé, Koppert Biological Systems, Rabobank and SAP.
"Our aim is to become the partner of choice in fruit and vegetables by working together with partners to drive innovation forward," said Dr. Rüdiger Scheitza, Member of the Board of Management of Bayer CropScience AG.
Enhancing nutrition through healthy vegetables, the company say, is one of their key commitments, underlined by long-term investments to ensure sustainable vegetable production. "We are able to offer growers integrated solutions - from vegetable seeds marketed under our brand name Nunhems, innovative chemical and biological crop protection solutions, to an extensive service backup - to help vegetable growers get the very best from their fields," says Frank Terhorst, Head of Strategic Business Management for Fruit & Vegetables and Insecticides.
In 2012, Bayer CropScience acquired the watermelon and melon seed business of Abbott & Cobb, USA, and the U.S. biological pest control company AgraQuest. Bayer CropScience is also investing heavily in R&D - EUR 5 billion from 2011 to 2016 for all crops and products in its portfolio - to deliver differentiated solutions to meet customers’ needs, leveraging the company’s expertise in seeds, small molecules and biologics.
Bayer CropScience’s Food Chain Partnership business initiative brings together growers, processors, exporters and importers, and retailers. Currently 240 projects in 30 countries are ongoing and spans 40 primarily fruit and vegetables crops. In these partnerships, Bayer CropScience offers customized solutions based on high-quality vegetable seed, effective crop protection, complementing services and expertise in environmental protection, efficiency and safety.
"Consumers today want to know where and how their food is being produced. Our Food Chain Partnerships facilitate partnerships along the food value chain worldwide for the benefit of all partners. The common goal is the sustainable production and supply of high quality fruit and vegetable crops for nutritious food," says Dr. Birgitt Walz-Tylla, Head of Food Chain Management.
For more information:
Bayer CropScience AG
Tel. +49 2173 38-3125
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-06 Calavo partnering with Old El Paso
- 2022-12-06 Fyffes completes community needs assesments for LATAM
- 2022-12-06 Colombia Avocado Board brings on new board members
- 2022-12-06 "We're the first to market fruit grown without nitrate contamination for two consecutive years"
- 2022-12-06 France: Pomliberty welcomes Vitalis as a shareholder
- 2022-12-06 Lincolnshire agri-tech company moves to new location
- 2022-12-06 Dutch coop commits to science-based climate goals
- 2022-12-06 Cairo 3A signs exclusive partnership to distribute Driscoll’s berries to the local market
- 2022-12-06 Limoneira closes sale of its Sevilla property for $2.6 million
- 2022-12-05 Equitable Food Initiative elects new board member
- 2022-12-05 Irritec announces the winner of the Best Agrishot 2022 photo contest
- 2022-12-02 Apeel will lay off a total of 96 employees from its Goleta office
- 2022-12-02 Berry grower/shipper offers expanded scholarships for 2023
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-01 Limoneira announces new vice president of field operations
- 2022-12-01 Nile’s futuristic vision is gaining traction in Southern Africa
- 2022-12-01 Australian Table Grape Association welcomes new board members
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation