- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
"Robert Vogel: "People excited about EasyToSteam"
Small cauliflower supply in Europe
The trader thinks the numbers of foreign cauliflowers are low as well. “In France, as in other places, crops are suffering from frost, resulting in limited supplies. French cauliflower is doing well with 10.50 to 11 Euro. Spanish supply is meagre too. I expect the vegetable to be in thin supply the coming weeks.”
A few weeks ago the Best Fresh Group introduced the brand EasyToSteam, allowing for vegetables to be prepared in a handy steam package. All it takes is a couple of minutes in the microwave. At the moment, EasyToSteam is available in the variations cauliflower, broccoli and endive.
Last week Robert himself showed up in a Coop supermarkt to promote EasyToSteam. "People were very excited about the product and that is always a nice expercience. I think we'll try marketing the product in other countries soon."
For more information:
1681 NN Zwaagdijk-Oost
Tel: 0031 228 565060
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-06 "We expect a lower supply of vegetables than usual in December"
- 2022-12-06 Mild UK autumn leads to potato and green vegetable glut, fears of later shortages
- 2022-12-06 High prices of vegetables drives away consumers in Trinidad and Tobago
- 2022-12-06 “It is our goal to make organic Fair Trade ginger more widely available”
- 2022-12-06 Low prices for Argentine garlic from Mendoza
- 2022-12-06 Proexport promotes the opening of the US market for Murcian vegetables
- 2022-12-06 "Dutch carrot trade still dead-quiet"
- 2022-12-06 Significantly more onions and cabbage harvested, record low spinach harvest
- 2022-12-06 "Our regional chicory has become well established in NRW, certainly as a summer item"
- 2022-12-06 "The arrival of the cold weather is greatly improving the quality of the artichoke and the volumes are recovering"
- 2022-12-05 Florida hot pepper program increases focus on Jalapenos
- 2022-12-05 Tomato producers in India abandon crops due to low prices
- 2022-12-05 "I make 8 cents per broccoli, which I don't think is outrageous in the present circumstances"
- 2022-12-05 “Our new range of field tomatoes resistant to mildew will help us lower production costs”
- 2022-12-05 France: Good demand for leafy vegetables
- 2022-12-05 "It is important to have a strong and reliable supply chain system"
- 2022-12-05 China's big vegetable production area works on securing supply
- 2022-12-02 Panettone made with red onions from Tropea
- 2022-12-02 “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022-12-02 Kilometro Verde - a whole new fresh-cut salad