- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Baloian Farms adds to specialty packs with BellaFina baby bell peppers
Jeremy Lane, Sales Manager at Baloian Farms remarked, “Consumer research often indicates that consumers are looking for more affordable, value-added and portion controlled products and BellaFina baby bell peppers do just that by providing a more versatile bell pepper food experience.”
During the trial and development stage of this product, internal consumer research was conducted comparing traditional full size bell peppers to baby bell peppers and nearly 60% of all consumers chose baby bell peppers over full size bell peppers. Additionally, in the same survey, baby bell peppers were compared to sweet mini peppers and consumers noted the versatility of baby bells and the snacking capacity of the mini peppers indicating their desire to purchase both pepper products creating opportunities for new sales and no cannibalization of the existing market.
Available now, BellaFina baby bell peppers are an exclusive variety available year-round in a red, yellow and orange 12-oz mixed pack. BellaFina baby bells are about 1/4 to 1/3 the size of a traditional bell pepper with a similar flavor profile for use in appetizers, side dishes, main dishes or as snacks. In addition to high graphic packaging, Baloian Farms has recipes, photography and point-of-sale materials available and may assist with ad support and demo programs.
“We are constantly striving to bring more innovation to our traditional commodities and add value for our customers and the consumer. We are excited by the potential of BellaFina baby bells and their ability to create more impact on shelf, reduce shrink and create higher perceived value for consumers with a multiple color, multiple piece, one price pack for consumers,” concluded Lane.
BellaFina baby bell peppers adds to Baloian’s extensive year-round product line of peppers and vegetables including their value priced “Oddbells”.
For more information:
Tel: +1 559 264 3427
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 "Next month there could be a shortage of lettuce in the market"
- 2022-11-25 Is inflation affecting Ontario carrot demand?
- 2022-11-25 Organic vegetables are doing well
- 2022-11-25 Growers can use a test kit to detect ToBRFV before plants even shows signs
- 2022-11-25 Zimbabwean growers frustrated by tomatoes being smuggled in
- 2022-11-25 “The winter broccoli season is starting slower than expected”
- 2022-11-25 "The forecasts that producers had in Almeria were inaccurate"
- 2022-11-25 The organic market gains three new vegetable varieties
- 2022-11-24 Kabul residents complain of high vegetable prices
- 2022-11-24 "Cauliflower shortage has allowed its price to remain at an average of €1.20 per kilo"
- 2022-11-24 Less concerns about the ToBRFV virus this year in Sicily
- 2022-11-23 Pricey lettuce has restaurants and grocers pulling salad from menus and shelves
- 2022-11-23 Peak Brussels sprouts crop ready for holiday season
- 2022-11-23 Fresh-cut segment balances between problems and innovations
- 2022-11-23 New vegetable varieties being released
- 2022-11-23 Coles and CSIRO team up to create vegetable snack
- 2022-11-23 Stagnating to declining acreage for open ground vegetables in Hesse
- 2022-11-23 The German vegetable sector is facing up to the current challenges
- 2022-11-23 Karachi citizens bear brunt of gap between official and retail vegetable prices
- 2022-11-23 Colombo Municipal Council switches to vegetables amid looming food crisis