- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Netherlands: The hunt for the perfect pepper
Initially, the partners came up with 12 pepper varieties distinguishable for their taste, looks, resistance to aphids and/or a high content of healthy ingredients. Subsequently, an independent consumer panel judged the varieties on these same qualities.
The chosen twelve were also tested for resistance to aphids, content of vitamin C and antioxidants. After gathering the data, the final three have been selected to enter retail – and cultivation experimentations next year.
Source: Wageningen UR
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 "Next month there could be a shortage of lettuce in the market"
- 2022-11-25 Is inflation affecting Ontario carrot demand?
- 2022-11-25 Organic vegetables are doing well
- 2022-11-25 Growers can use a test kit to detect ToBRFV before plants even shows signs
- 2022-11-25 Zimbabwean growers frustrated by tomatoes being smuggled in
- 2022-11-25 “The winter broccoli season is starting slower than expected”
- 2022-11-25 "The forecasts that producers had in Almeria were inaccurate"
- 2022-11-25 The organic market gains three new vegetable varieties
- 2022-11-24 Kabul residents complain of high vegetable prices
- 2022-11-24 "Cauliflower shortage has allowed its price to remain at an average of €1.20 per kilo"
- 2022-11-24 Less concerns about the ToBRFV virus this year in Sicily
- 2022-11-23 Pricey lettuce has restaurants and grocers pulling salad from menus and shelves
- 2022-11-23 Peak Brussels sprouts crop ready for holiday season
- 2022-11-23 Fresh-cut segment balances between problems and innovations
- 2022-11-23 New vegetable varieties being released
- 2022-11-23 Coles and CSIRO team up to create vegetable snack
- 2022-11-23 Stagnating to declining acreage for open ground vegetables in Hesse
- 2022-11-23 The German vegetable sector is facing up to the current challenges
- 2022-11-23 Karachi citizens bear brunt of gap between official and retail vegetable prices
- 2022-11-23 Colombo Municipal Council switches to vegetables amid looming food crisis