- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
US: TexaSweet begins marketing season
TexaSweet’s marketing program for the 2012 - 2013 season will include a variety of outreach to consumers, retailers, educators and food writers. TexaSweet designed new materials which include: consumer and retailer postcards, quick measurement magnet cards, accordion recipe cards, a retail demo brochure, kids’ activity sheets, bookmarkers and colorful posters for classrooms, as well as a user-friendly retailer promotional CD containing with high-resolution photography, recipes, graphics and logos. An interactive recipe press kit will still be available and features many of TexaSweet’s recipes in a unique, user-friendly CD format.
Last season, TexaSweet focused on both the consumer and retail outlets. This season TexaSweet is continuing with its consumer outreach and expanding on last year’s retail program. A 5-market demo program will be used as another resource to educate consumers and increase Texas Grapefruit sales. "With an increase in crop volume this season we look to the efforts of TexaSweet to promote the health benefits of Texas citrus and to show consumers the delicious taste of Texas Rio Star grapefruit at samplings events selected throughout the country," said Dennis Holbrook, president of the TexaSweet Board of Directors.
Another aspect of TexaSweet’s promotional program is media outreach. TexaSweet will be a guest on morning television programs in three of the markets where retail demos will simultaneously take place. In addition, TexaSweet has revamped their Texas Citrus Facebook page to give it a fresh look as well as incorporate videos, recipes, quick tips and giveaways. They will also be upping their online presence with the creation of 5 short videos featuring Texas Citrus tips and recipes to be featured on Facebook, YouTube and the TexaSweet website.
Texas citrus season is in full swing, and shipping has begun for grapefruit and oranges. The USDA forecast for the 2012 – 2013 Texas citrus season is 2.8 million cartons of oranges and 10.6 million cartons of grapefruit.
For more information:
TexaSweet Citrus Marketing, Inc.
Tel: +1 956 580 8004
Fax: +1 956 580 1843
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 A new fresh produce export line is launched in Beni Mellal, Morocco
- 2022-12-02 Tucuman citrus area decreased by almost 7.5% in the 2022 campaign
- 2022-12-02 South African citrus industry moves to mitigate new and old risks
- 2022-12-02 "Italian companies pay really well for quality Spanish clementine"
- 2022-12-02 "Plenty of Peruvian limes in the coming weeks"
- 2022-12-01 Northern Hemisphere Citrus Forecast shows significant drop in citrus production
- 2022-12-01 Castellon's Clemenules campaign will end in mid-December
- 2022-12-01 Egyptian citrus exporters lower prices by 5%
- 2022-12-01 Egyptian citrus exporters seek new markets
- 2022-11-30 Nepal: Syangja growers witness increased orange production
- 2022-11-30 Consum will only sell oranges and mandarins with Cítricos Valencianos PGI November to the end of April
- 2022-11-30 "Excellent citrus sales, hardly any large oranges in Spain"
- 2022-11-30 Portuguese origin is gaining ground
- 2022-11-30 "The overall price of Jinqiu Tangerines is slightly higher than in previous years"
- 2022-11-30 "Grapes and clementines are always in high demand around year's end"
- 2022-11-30 UK suspends tariffs on fruit juices
- 2022-11-30 "Good volume availability for lemons and clementines, plump oranges in short supply"
- 2022-11-29 Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
- 2022-11-28 Ghanaian citrus growers perturbed by black spot disease
- 2022-11-28 Castellon's citrus exports are growing thanks to the fall in production in Italy