- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
New harvest assistant for growers of top fruit
Right now, the harvest assistant is being tested. The developers have been working on the contraption for over 2 years. The project was the result of an increasing demand for automation in the field. The developers claim many crops are lost due to a lack of manpower. The new machine is intended to aid and speed up the process.
The tractor can be remote controlled
The Washington State Tree Fruit Research Commission is one of the backers. The developers are hoping to market the machine as early as 2013. The invention is likely to cost between 60 and 70 thousand Euro.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-03 This year's goal is to produce ten thousand tons of strawberries
- 2023-02-03 Industry reacts to Washington asking to remove tariffs on apples to India
- 2023-02-03 "Costa Rican melon season begins with more Cantaloupe and fewer yellow melons"
- 2023-02-03 ASOEX analyzes opportunities to advance Chilean fruit exports in Asian markets
- 2023-02-03 South African table grape export volumes -8% lower than last year
- 2023-02-03 “A world with better blueberries”
- 2023-02-03 "Never-before-seen melon prices for time of year"
- 2023-02-03 Apple exports from Turkey decline due to falling shipments to India
- 2023-02-03 Berg River farmers avoid loadshedding through pilot project with Eskom
- 2023-02-03 “There is little fruit and a lot of demand, in general, for all berries and in particular for raspberries”
- 2023-02-02 New apple season-opener is “extremely interesting”
- 2023-02-02 Report shows Ambrosia tops in apple sales growth
- 2023-02-02 Watermelon board to present study findings in economic evaluation presentation
- 2023-02-02 Prices strengthen for Mexican raspberries
- 2023-02-02 European apple stocks in January were 6% lower than 2022
- 2023-02-02 Tasmanian grown cherries marketing campaign runs again in Taiwan
- 2023-02-02 EU eases melon rules for Honduras
- 2023-02-02 “We offer both a direct B2B marketplace and a free source of knowledge for farmers”
- 2023-02-02 India: Federal budget disappoints apple growers Himachal Pradesh
- 2023-02-02 "We would be happy if our trucks are only at the Turkish-Bulgarian border for one day"