- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Baloian Farms expands bell pepper production
A new partnership with Cueto Produce of Guadalajara, Mexico provides expanded availability and loading options for Baloian Farms current year-round pepper program. The new hothouse program includes red, yellow and orange bell peppers in a variety of packs including bulk, stoplight, sunrise and single color packs. Bulk product will be available in the BIOMAsur label and all consumer packs will be available in the Pam Pak brand.
The expansion of their bell pepper volume comes on the heels of continued program growth that includes not only their traditional bell pepper program, but their value oriented Oddbell pepper program and their premium, baby bell specialty program featuring BellaFinas.
Jeremy Lane, Sales Manager at Baloian Farms commented, "Bell peppers are a core part of our business and our goal is to offer customers high quality, competitively priced products and Mexican grown hothouse peppers allow our customers another choice."
Fresh Trends 2012 research shows that purchase behavior for bell peppers is up nearly 3% from 2011 to 2012 and that consumers noted that bell peppers were one of the top vegetable items they were currently buying more of behind asparagus and avocados.
Lane concluded, "We believe that the trends speak loudly, and it’s our job to listen. Consumers are telling us with their purchase behavior that bell peppers are an important part of their shopping basket and we want to make sure that our retailers have plenty of SKU’s to populate their category and give their consumers a choice."
For more information:
Tel: +1 559 264 3427
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Kilometro Verde - a whole new fresh-cut salad
- 2022-12-02 Chinese cabbage growers dump produce as Covid curbs disrupt sales
- 2022-12-02 Panettone made with red onions from Tropea
- 2022-12-02 “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022-12-01 Bad infrastructure costs Mvomero farmers 30,000 tons of vegetables annually
- 2022-12-01 "We can easily store and market our pumpkins into January"
- 2022-12-01 A Europe-wide observatory for asparagus?
- 2022-12-01 Newly launched Australian potato industry body seeking to build membership base
- 2022-12-01 New auction products at ZON fruit & vegetables
- 2022-12-01 Sakata launches a new broccoli variety that is 'ideal for export'
- 2022-12-01 Senegal's okra industry is doing well
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes: large supply in the face of low demand
- 2022-12-01 Carolina Reaper: the strongest pepper in the world is now cultivated in France
- 2022-12-01 Garlic demand higher than expected in October
- 2022-12-01 What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- 2022-11-30 Yuma, Arizona region offers up its own challenges for lettuce supplies
- 2022-11-30 The sales of Hema Shuangdacai are expected to increase by 50%
- 2022-11-30 France: Choudou cabbage sales on the rise
- 2022-11-30 Facts and figures about asparagus from the Netherlands, Great Britain and Germany
- 2022-11-29 Below Farm grows premium mushrooms in the Abu Dhabi desert