- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
US: Fears for Hurricane Sandy lift orange juice prices
Market tracking storms
While current forecast suggest Hurricane Sandy may become the worst to hit the US north east in 100 years traders appear to be in wait-and-see mode to see whether the two storms combine to create what some have termed a "Frankenstorm". "We are pricing in now risks associated with that .. [the hurricane], but if everything comes off with little impact this risk premium will come off," Mr Flury said. "At the same time if we do see production actually impacted by the storm then prices would move up." In addition to the reduction in the storm premium prices have also been affected by concerns of declining domestic sales.
A recent report published by the Florida Department of Citrus showed domestic retail sales of from-concentrate orange juice fell 4.8% in terms of volume during September.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Northern Hemisphere Citrus Forecast shows significant drop in citrus production
- 2022-12-01 Castellon's Clemenules campaign will end in mid-December
- 2022-12-01 Egyptian citrus exporters lower prices by 5%
- 2022-12-01 Egyptian citrus exporters seek new markets
- 2022-11-30 Nepal: Syangja growers witness increased orange production
- 2022-11-30 Consum will only sell oranges and mandarins with Cítricos Valencianos PGI November to the end of April
- 2022-11-30 "Excellent citrus sales, hardly any large oranges in Spain"
- 2022-11-30 Portuguese origin is gaining ground
- 2022-11-30 "The overall price of Jinqiu Tangerines is slightly higher than in previous years"
- 2022-11-30 "Grapes and clementines are always in high demand around year's end"
- 2022-11-30 UK suspends tariffs on fruit juices
- 2022-11-30 "Good volume availability for lemons and clementines, plump oranges in short supply"
- 2022-11-29 Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
- 2022-11-28 Ghanaian citrus growers perturbed by black spot disease
- 2022-11-28 Castellon's citrus exports are growing thanks to the fall in production in Italy
- 2022-11-28 France: green clementines for the holiday season
- 2022-11-28 DaVida, the new BIO+ and CO2 neutral brand of citrus fruit to give the organic market a push
- 2022-11-28 First supplies of Limoré to become available soon
- 2022-11-28 South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- 2022-11-28 Louisiana scientists work to grow citrus indoors