- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Pakistan: Vegetable exports up, fruit exports down in first quarter
According to the data, the total vegetable exports during September 2012 stood at US$ 8.003 million against the exports of US$6.756 million in September 2011 and US$10.501 in August 2012. On the other hand, the fruit exports in the first quarter of the current year decreased by 4.24 percent to US$61.714 million when compare to the exports of US$64.447 million recorded in the same period of last year. The exports of fruit in September 2012 decreased by 3.19 percent and 21.59 percent when compared to the exports of Septemer 2011 and August 2012 respectively.
The fruit exports during September 2012 stood at US$ 20.510 million against the exports of US$21.185 million in September 2011 and US$26.158 in August 2012. The overall food exports were recorded at US$878.680 million in the quarter under review against the exports of US$993.352 million during the same period of last year. The overall exports from the country witnessed positive growth of 4.26 percent while the imports decreased by 2.37 percent during the first quarter, indicating a positive trends in the overall trade volume of the country. Exports from the country during July-September (2012) were recorded at US$6.187 billion against the exports of US$5.934 billion during the same period of last year. On the other hand, the imports into the country decreased from US$11.117 billion last year to US$10.853 billion during the current fiscal year, the data revealed. Based on these figures, the overall trade deficit has been recorded at 9.9 percent as it shrunk reduced from the deficit of US$5.183 billion last year to US$4.666 this year.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Italy: Babaco Market raises €6.3 million for food boxes with "odd" food
- 2022-11-25 California: Farmers face $3 billion loss due to historic drought
- 2022-11-25 €1bn increase for the EU School Fresh Produce Scheme needed
- 2022-11-25 'Presence of Spanish Clemenules, Oronules and Orogros expanded once again'
- 2022-11-25 Canada to explore a free-trade agreement with Ecuador
- 2022-11-25 Australia focuses on India to counter China’s grip on trade
- 2022-11-25 Kenya and South Korea agree on Free Trade Agreement
- 2022-11-25 Langley facility aims to increase food waste recovery
- 2022-11-25 "Kazakhstan 2022 sees record harvest"
- 2022-11-24 Water rules add to challenges for California farmers
- 2022-11-24 Fruit and vegetable prices dip at APMC market
- 2022-11-24 Links between farmers and enterprises in Vietnam vital to promoting quality exports
- 2022-11-24 Emirati fruit and vegetable producers are favored by the local market
- 2022-11-24 Farmers in southern Peru will hold a 48-hour strike to protest fertilizer shortage
- 2022-11-24 Jamaican agricultural sector sees 17.4 percent growth for third quarter
- 2022-11-24 Peruvian exports to Saudi Arabia reach US$8.3 million
- 2022-11-24 Australian food system faces more vulnerability
- 2022-11-24 Ugandan growers abandon cotton for better-paying crops
- 2022-11-24 French fruit and vegetable producers file a complaint against deputy Julien Bayou
- 2022-11-24 Can ‘ugly’ fruit and vegetables alleviate the UK’s cost of living crisis?