- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
Zespri Chairman announces plan to step down
Mr Loughlin joined the Zespri Board as one of three independent directors on the eight-member board (the other five directors are grower-directors) in 2002. He became chairman of Zespri in August 2008.
“When I was re-elected in 2010, I signalled then that my intention was for this to be my last term serving on the Zespri Board.
“In line with this intention, I have announced my decision to stand down from the Board to growers, shareholders and other industry stakeholders,” Mr Loughlin said.
Mr Loughlin said the Zespri Board will now undertake a search for an independent director with the necessary commercial and financial skills and experience needed to fill the independent director vacancy.
The new director will be appointed to the Board once Mr Loughlin steps down and confirmation of the appointment will be sought at Zespri’s Annual Meeting in 2013.
With regards to appointing the new Chairman, the Board will work through a process to decide this over the coming months.
Mr Loughlin said to serve on the Zespri Board for 11 years was a privilege.
“This industry is one built on a pioneering spirit, camaraderie and a relentless desire to keep innovating and keep improving.
“While the industry is currently under significant pressure from Psa, I have no doubt that it will overcome this challenge – as it has challenges in the past – and will continue to be a New Zealand success story,” Mr Loughlin said.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-06 Calavo partnering with Old El Paso
- 2022-12-06 Fyffes completes community needs assesments for LATAM
- 2022-12-06 Colombia Avocado Board brings on new board members
- 2022-12-06 "We're the first to market fruit grown without nitrate contamination for two consecutive years"
- 2022-12-06 France: Pomliberty welcomes Vitalis as a shareholder
- 2022-12-06 Lincolnshire agri-tech company moves to new location
- 2022-12-06 Dutch coop commits to science-based climate goals
- 2022-12-06 Cairo 3A signs exclusive partnership to distribute Driscoll’s berries to the local market
- 2022-12-06 Limoneira closes sale of its Sevilla property for $2.6 million
- 2022-12-05 Equitable Food Initiative elects new board member
- 2022-12-05 Irritec announces the winner of the Best Agrishot 2022 photo contest
- 2022-12-02 Apeel will lay off a total of 96 employees from its Goleta office
- 2022-12-02 Berry grower/shipper offers expanded scholarships for 2023
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-01 Limoneira announces new vice president of field operations
- 2022-12-01 Nile’s futuristic vision is gaining traction in Southern Africa
- 2022-12-01 Australian Table Grape Association welcomes new board members
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation