- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- “We hoped to harvest more than 400 tons of early potatoes, but I'll be surprised if we get to harvest 150 tons”
- "We produce 70 tons of mushrooms per day"
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Berg River grape farm forgoes a packhouse for field packing
- Israeli farmer grows world's heaviest lemon
Top 5 - last month
- "I spent 10 years as a worker, now I manage 120 hectares of citrus fruit, stone fruit and strawberries"
- Tropical cyclone Freddy brings heavy rains in parts of South Africa
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- PM Hipkins learns that most Hawke’s Bay crops were uninsured
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
Netherlands: Tomatoworld member of Global Tomato foundation
During the last founders meeting of the Global Tomato foundation, held in a conference room made available by Tomatoworld, the members of the foundation were so impressed that they invited the company to join. According to their website, Tomatoworld is the result of a joint effort of innovative partners within the Dutch greenhouse sector.
The main goal of the international foundation is to promote the tomato worldwide, and to show the special taste, the diversity and the benefits of the vegetable. The foundation also conducts research, educates growers and stimulates partnership between producers and other branches. One of the reasons Tomatoworld has accepted the invitation is the fact that these activities overlap with the company's own goals, to be revealed on October 17.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-24 Garlic production, which has already fallen by 50% in Andalusia, is at risk of being completely lost due to the lack of water
- 2023-03-24 By mid-April, the first domestic open ground produce from southern Hesse should be available
- 2023-03-24 "Vegetable prices in Spain do not yet correspond to rapidly falling prices in the Netherlands"
- 2023-03-24 "Niche products like Radicchio Rosso lift nicely on the shipment"
- 2023-03-24 Harvest Moon arrives in Narrandera, focusing on carrots and then moving on to baby spinach
- 2023-03-24 "Full forced rhubarb production arrives right on time for Easter"
- 2023-03-24 The season of local tomatoes in Poland started a month late
- 2023-03-24 “We started this year's carrot campaign with a higher demand than supply for organic carrots and high prices”
- 2023-03-24 Downward tomato trend in Spain reversed since energy crisis
- 2023-03-23 Great Australian lettuce inflation should be a lesson for the future
- 2023-03-23 Cold weather means later end to Mexican Brussels sprouts
- 2023-03-23 Spain will decrease its garlic area by nearly 20% in the next campaign
- 2023-03-23 “We expect large volumes of sucrine and romaine lettuce”
- 2023-03-23 Good campaign for Sicilian organic zucchini
- 2023-03-23 "Leek prices dropped sharply last week, but they won't be cheap this season"
- 2023-03-23 Cyclone Gabrielle flooded major producer of frozen carrots
- 2023-03-23 Retail prices for vegetables increased in Poland and consumption went down
- 2023-03-22 Garlic harvest starts in Egypt, demand is normal
- 2023-03-22 "Ahead of Easter, demand for asparagus will exceed supply"
- 2023-03-22 Excellent sales campaign for Sicilian cherry tomatoes