- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Turin (Italy), 15-17 April 2013
"Workshop NEV2013 "Nitrogen, Environment and Vegetables": registrations, call for abstracts and sponsorships open!"
Starting from 1st September 2012, registrations to the workshop are open (there is no fee for the participation), besides to scientific contributions and sponsorships.
Around 200 participants are expected; in case of overbooking, the Organizing Committee will give priority to oral speakers and poster authors. In any case, a confirmation will be sent to each registered participant before 28 February, 2013.
Further info: www.nev2013.org
The workshop focuses on the critical issues of the Nitrates Directive in vegetable crops in European Countries. The main topics will be nitrogen fertilization management, strategies to improve nitrogen and water use efficiency, relationship between nitrogen and other nutrients, crop residues management, crop rotation and monitoring of the environmental pollution caused by nitrogen losses from vegetable crop systems.
Over the last decades, crop over-fertilization has raised the public awareness on the risks of water eutrophication and pollution. There is a striking need for making nitrogen fertilizer use for all crops more effective, in order to reduce its potential negative effects on the environment and, with regard to vegetable crops, on human health when supplied to plants as nitrate.
In recent years, a number of research programs have assessed the effects of nitrogen fertilization methods, fertilizer rate and source on nitrogen uptake and plant growth of many vegetable species.
NEV2013 Workshop aims to enhance the information exchange among Member States on the implementation of Nitrates Directive in vegetable crops. The format of the workshop includes plenary sessions with invited speakers, oral and poster sessions, open field and protected cultivation farm visits, interacting discussions on crop practices, sub-topic specific workshop sessions.
Parallel workshops program:
Environmental impacts of enhanced-efficiency nitrogen fertilizers
Efficient water and fertilizer use in greenhouse production
Critical issues of Nitrates Directive implementation
Factors used to map the risk of nitrate contamination of ground water
An overview on research projects on Nitrates Directive implementation in Europe
For general info: email@example.com
For registration info: firstname.lastname@example.org
For scientific info: email@example.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-22 EPC Leadership Class to attend Cornell program at New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Date grower-shipper brings latest products to New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) systems for large, peeled and unpeeled potatoes
- 2022-11-21 “Water, energy and food sovereignty at the heart of medFEL 2023”
- 2022-11-18 Engels Machines at the ExpoSE 2022 fair in Karlsruhe, Germany
- 2022-11-16 "Focus on the future of horticulture" defining theme of IPM Essen
- 2022-11-16 Mini symposium on grape quality to take place on the 2nd of December
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022
- 2022-11-14 Mushroom Days will be from May 10 to 12, 2023
- 2022-11-14 Salobrena will host the First Andalusian Subtropical Fair
- 2022-11-11 Morocco Foodex aims to conquer the British market
- 2022-11-11 New trends, innovations, and chain take center stage at Global Berry Congress
- 2022-11-07 Photo report Asia Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-11-04 Bolivia for the World business meetings 8-25 November 2022
- 2022-11-04 Ecuador is making moves to become more competitive in Asia
- 2022-11-04 Innovations and trends at IFPA
- 2022-11-04 International Agroferomonas and Biological Control Days
- 2022-11-04 German Ports at transport logistic Americas