- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
US potato industry joins voices supporting export assistance programs
U.S. potato growers see fierce foreign competition in key export markets and continued access is vital for maintaining the economic health of the industry. He explained that the USDA Market Access Program (MAP) allows the U.S. to be competitive overseas through marketing and promotional activities that build commercial export markets.
Halverson spoke about MAP’s important role in this public-private partnership, noting its 28-to-1 return-on-investment. Export market development programs funded through the farm bill have contributed an average of $8.2 billion per year to farm export revenue from 1977-2014. Without the existence of MAP, exports would not have returned to positive growth last year, said Mr. Halverson.
Halverson testified on behalf of the National Potato Council and United Fresh Produce Association. As the Senate committee’s work in preparation for the 2018 Farm Bill continues, NPC is actively engaged in providing information and outlining the importance of Farm Bill programs working in concert with U.S. trade policies.
Source: The National Potato Council
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-31 Potato consumption in French households increases by 1.5%
- 2023-01-31 For two seasons, Spain has been exporting potatoes to France to make snack chips "because of their quality"
- 2023-01-31 "People are still holding out for better prices, which is reflected in a lower willingness to sell"
- 2023-01-31 North Carolina Sweetpotato Commission appoints Liquid PR to support global expansion
- 2023-01-31 Zimbabwean government distributes 450,000 sweet potato vines
- 2023-01-31 McCain invests a further £35 mln in sustainable farming vision
- 2023-01-31 Tajikistan follows Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan banning exports of onions, carrots, potatoes
- 2023-01-30 Onions at Rs320 per kilo in Karachi due to supply shortage
- 2023-01-30 Only 1,900 tons of imported onions arrived in Philippines last week
- 2023-01-30 New potato variety with high genetic quality for Peruvian producers
- 2023-01-30 After achieving a record production in 2021, the world's potato production decreased by 6% in 2022
- 2023-01-30 Onion prices in Tajikistan soared
- 2023-01-27 Building a secure and sustainable future for our industry
- 2023-01-27 Governments of Canada and Manitoba invest nearly $100,000 to upgrade horticulture storage facility
- 2023-01-27 Filipino president Marcos wants meeting to discuss high prices of imported onions
- 2023-01-27 'UK potato growers are underestimating their own industry’
- 2023-01-26 Export of Ukrainian potatoes to the EU is possible, but not soon
- 2023-01-26 "Our programmed quality onions have gained us a foothold at European retail suppliers "
- 2023-01-26 The Princesa Amandine potato was awarded the 2023 Flavor of the Year award for the second consecutive year in Spain
- 2023-01-26 "Onions in 5-kg bags have become 100 percent more expensive"