- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Fruit Attraction gets underway in a warm Madrid
- Early winter could see slim strawberry supplies and high prices
- International and Spanish Tradeshow Magazine - Primeur Fruit Attraction
- The celebration of the cherry blossom in an orchard in Maule marks the official start of the Chilean 2022/23 cherry season
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
OzHarvest and the United Nations
Addressing food & nutrition security in Australia
Think.Eat.Save events will see Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra Gold Coast, Perth, Newcastle and regional areas Sapphire Coast and Port Macquarie take a stance against food waste.
The events will unite some of the nation’s top chefs, politicians and celebrities to address the urgent issue of food waste which is currently costing Australians up to $10 billion each year.
The public are invited to enjoy a free, delicious and hearty hot meal made from rescued produce that would have ended up in landfill, learn more about reducing waste, and pledge their commitment to #thinkeatsave.
Members of the public are encouraged to get involved by making a personal pledge to reduce food waste. Pledges can be made online at or via social media by posting an image of an ‘X’ made from utensils or food items to represent the end of food waste along with the hashtag #thinkeatsave.
The national events are part of a global campaign in partnership with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN’s Food Agriculture Organisation (FAO) Save Food Initiative “Global Initiative on Food Loss and Waste Reduction”, which launched in June this year at Parliament House in Canberra. The campaign called on the nation’s top political leaders to set a target to reduce food waste by 50 per cent by 2025.
Toolkits are available on the website for businesses and schools to take action and get involved in the Think.Eat.Save campaign.
All events take place on Monday, 27 July from 11.30am – 2.00pm local time
Sydney: Martin Place, Sydney
Adelaide: The University of Adelaide, Adelaide
Brisbane: St Stephen’s Cathedral, Brisbane
Canberra: Garema Place, Canberra
Gold Coast: The 4217, Surfers Paradise
Melbourne: Federation Square, Melbourne
Newcastle: University of Newcastle
Perth: Forrest Place
Regional: Sapphire Coast & Port Macquarie
To RSVP or make a pledge visit thinkeatsave.ozharvest.org.
For more information, please visit www.ozharvest.org.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-04 International and Spanish Tradeshow Magazine - Primeur Fruit Attraction
- 2022-10-04 Fruit Attraction gets underway in a warm Madrid
- 2022-10-03 Dutch Strawberry Day and International Soft Fruit Conference postponed to 2023
- 2022-09-29 Three ag tech sessions announced for Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-09-27 Interest in renewables is increasing markedly amid soaring electricity prices
- 2022-09-26 Join the knowledge hub at Asia Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-09-26 Consumer take on produce and technology innovation
- 2022-09-23 Poland Fresh Market 2022 Photo Report
- 2022-09-23 'Back British Farming Day' rescheduled to Wednesday 2 November
- 2022-09-23 PopFest Open Days take place from September 26 to 30
- 2022-09-23 New varieties, soil health and hydroponic cultivation at Enza Zaden Summer Field Days
- 2022-09-23 California Citrus Conference to be held October 19, 2022
- 2022-09-23 Exploring organic grower challenges and solutions
- 2022-09-22 Live event on fixing the nation's farm labor shortage
- 2022-09-22 Berry Business Forum to be held tomorrow in Belgrade, Serbia
- 2022-09-21 Exhibitors prepare to overcome global challenges at Fruit Logistica 2023
- 2022-09-21 AHEIA elects new board during their AGM and Members Forum
- 2022-09-20 Andalusia will be Fruit Attraction's Guest Region
- 2022-09-20 Fresh fruit & vegetable industry Virtual Global Sustainability Symposium
- 2022-09-20 Agriplace and GLOBALG.A.P. present joint webinar for easing the Chain of Custody certification process