- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Chinese shiitake grower opens production in Poland and Spain
- Supply gaps imminent for California spring vegetables following record rains
- "This next step opens the door for the apple variety to be grown in other countries and sold under the Soluna™ brand"
- South African onions increasingly important to the UK & Europe
- "Australia's grape exports start strong in Asia"
Top 5 - last week
- “We hoped to harvest more than 400 tons of early potatoes, but I'll be surprised if we get to harvest 150 tons”
- "We produce 70 tons of mushrooms per day"
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Israeli farmer grows world's heaviest lemon
- Berg River grape farm forgoes a packhouse for field packing
Top 5 - last month
- Tropical cyclone Freddy brings heavy rains in parts of South Africa
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- "I spent 10 years as a worker, now I manage 120 hectares of citrus fruit, stone fruit and strawberries"
- PM Hipkins learns that most Hawke’s Bay crops were uninsured
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
Photo report Medfel 2015
Tuesday 21st of April Medfel opened its doors. The show that is focussing on the Mediterranean, with mainly French exhibitors as it is held in Perpignan, shows a small growth every year in number of exhibitors.
Click here for the photo report
Click here for the photo report
Many exhibitors say that this show is small and isn't as crowded as some other shows can be, but the quality of visitors is there. The organisation invites VIP visitors and this is the key for exhibitors to return every year to the Medfel. "It is about that one or two new contacts," says one of the attendees.
Author: Sander Bruins Slot
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 IFPA Mentoring Program extends leadership development for women
- 2023-03-21 CPMA announces 2023 Passion for Produce participants
- 2023-03-17 The World Pepper Congress will be held in Almeria in May
- 2023-03-17 Egyptian companies seeking business opportunities
- 2023-03-16 Dominican Republic to host banana producers from Latin America
- 2023-03-15 More details unveiled on berry-forward Chef Invitational event
- 2023-03-15 Keynote theme for OPS 2023: Protecting the value of food
- 2023-03-13 China Strawberry Brand Conference 2023 held in Shanghai
- 2023-03-10 "Chinese market set for strong return"
- 2023-03-09 "Shift in focus needed to manage growing food demands"
- 2023-03-08 IFPA announces line up for Women’s Fresh Perspectives Conference
- 2023-03-08 Kiwifruit Tech Talk Breakfast rescheduled
- 2023-03-08 Representatives of the global banana industry will meet again to analyze new trade routes and challenges
- 2023-03-07 Cuna de Platero organizes an open day to publicize Cupla blueberries
- 2023-03-03 Macfruit celebrates its 40th edition with a record number of foreign exhibitors
- 2023-03-02 Tropical fruits and roots on display at Southern Exposure
- 2023-03-02 Where to start after Cyclone Gabrielle?
- 2023-03-01 5th Annual Chef Invitational call for entries open
- 2023-03-01 Viva Fresh brings back crowd favorite events
- 2023-02-28 AREFLH and its members look at the new CAP and the draft packaging regulation