- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
- Despite record vegetable shipments, Pakistan bags just $235 million
- Mission Produce introduces non-destructive testing tech in United Kingdom
- Chilean technical cherry tours to Spain in full swing again
- "New players are parasitizing Egypt's garlic exports"
- CEO emphasises: “Jumbo will not exit Belgium”
Top 5 - last week
- Last year, more than 6,000 hectares of citrus fruit were abandoned in the Valencian production areas
- Malaysia: Low demand for durians due to prolonged hot weather
- South African fruit exports can’t do without Russia
- Malaysia still confident, despite growing Chinese durian industry
- Fruits and vegetables rich in flavonols help prevent memory loss
Top 5 - last month
- Risk of heart disease might drop significantly by drinking these fruit juices
- Durian sales have entered peak season, and prices of high-quality durians are holding steady
- “Right now, everybody in the US is desperate for grapes”
- South African strawberry aficionados in for a Woolworths treat
- Japanese farmer produces mangoes that sell for $230 each
Entering peak retail season
Hainan king lychee becomes hot item online
"In comparison with last year, this is the big year for the late-season king lychee. The production volume has significantly increased. Hainan king lychees gradually entered the market from May 28th onward. The price in production areas is 25-30 yuan [3.90-4.68 USD] per 0.5 kg, which is a decrease of 20%-35% in comparison with the 38 yuan [5.93 USD] per 0.5 kg last production season." This is according to Mr. Long Gang of Hainan Natural Fruit Fragrance Agricultural Development Co., Ltd.
Workers select recently harvested king lychees
Hainan king lychees
"Hainan king lychees enter the market every year between May 25th and July 1st. The peak retail season roughly lasts from June 3rd until the end of June. The price of king lychees has fallen in the last two days as large volumes of king lychees entered the market. The price in production areas was around 10 yuan [1.56 USD] per 0.5 kg on June 1st. Overall, the price of king lychees is about 3-5 yuan [0.47-0.78 USD] lower this year than it was last year."
The relatively large Hainan king lychees
Haikou volcanic lychee
"Our Hainan king lychees are sold through traditional marketing channels and e-commerce platforms. We sell in the supermarkets, fruit stores, and wholesale markets of Guangdong and east China. The sales volume on e-commerce platforms has significantly increased in the last two years. We consider this year the big year for king lychees and we have high hopes for their sales performance on e-commerce platforms. King lychees may well become a hot item online."
Hainan king lychees
Hainan king lychees
"The main reasons for our high expectations are as follows: first, king lychees are a small category of lychees and there is a limited production volume. It is extremely rare in the entire country. Second, king lychees are late-season lychees, perhaps the latest. Third, under regular conditions, the shelf-life of king lychees lasts 2-3 days longer than other varieties. Fourth, king lychees have an exquisite, bright red skin that make them perfectly suitable as gifts. In addition, the king lychee plantations are located in the volcanic area of Yongxing in Haikou. The total surface area devoted to king lychees is less than 1,333 hectares. That area is rich in volcanic minerals and moisture levels are low, which makes king lychees relatively sweet."
Hainan Natural Fruit Fragrance Agricultural Development Co., Ltd.
Telephone number: +86 153 3898 3897
WeChat username: ziranguoxiang
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-06 Fertiliser study reveals opportunities for South Vietnam mango farmers
- 2023-06-06 "Major political unrest in Senegal making for a very uncertain start to the mango season"
- 2023-06-06 Guatemala hopes it can start exporting Hass avocado to the United States
- 2023-06-06 Zespri releases final numbers concerning the kiwifruit sector
- 2023-06-06 Mangoes from Sindh set to enter Chinese market
- 2023-06-06 Heavy rain and winds in Kolhapur, Sangli and Satara districts damage mango orchards
- 2023-06-06 New handling guide for Colombia avocados
- 2023-06-05 Dhenkanal district sends first shipment of Amrapalli mangoes ever to Dubai
- 2023-06-05 Avocado and mango consumption in Spain has increased by more than 1,000% in a decade
- 2023-06-05 "If there is a Global El Niño phenomenon, Peruvian mangoes will only be exported by air"
- 2023-06-05 Local chiefs told to take down unlicensed avocado buying centers
- 2023-06-05 Vietnam expects to reap $1 bln from this year’s coconut exports
- 2023-06-05 Pakistan mangoes faced with delayed ripening
- 2023-06-02 Egypt might flood the global dates market within the next five years
- 2023-06-02 Hundreds of durian trucks stuck at border Vietnam-China
- 2023-06-02 Thailand faces tougher durian exports to Chinese markets
- 2023-06-02 Sindh province sees 20% of mango crop destroyed by rains
- 2023-06-02 Mumbai traders look to export UP mango varieties to other countries
- 2023-06-02 "The production and sales of lychees in Hainan far exceeded last year."
- 2023-06-02 Native raspberries, limes and more: how did these curious plants end up in Australia?