- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- A tour of the Checkers fresh produce aisles
- Florida grapefruit industry seeing minimal fruit loss post Hurricane Ian
- "Huge demand for new Portuguese sweet potato crop"
- Chinese Begonia apple exported around the globe for the first time
- Vietnamese durian sales are ideal, but product movement of Australian oranges slowed down
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Good weather has positive effect on South African grapes
Orange River Region
This region is experiencing a good season thus far, although sugar development is slower than expected. The quality and berry size is on standard, while no problems are experienced with colour development. Harvesting of the early cultivars in the region are in full swing and might be completed within the next two weeks.
Packing is proceeding well, while weather conditions are good in general. Most of the producers in the region completed the packing of the early cultivars like Prime Seedless and Grapaes (Early Sweet). The region experienced sporadic rain, which has had a minimal impact on the harvest thus far. The cooler weather was welcomed by producers as it aides colour development.
Weather conditions were very good. Some damage was caused to Red Globe and Tawny due to a spike in temperature two weeks ago. However, this did not affect producers in the region as the volumes are returning to normal after the drought of the 2015/2016 season. Some areas within the region were experiencing low sugars but the forecasted hotter weather could have a positive effect on this crucial aspect.
Altough the Berg River and Hex River regions have not started packing yet, they are experiencing favourable weather conditions. The development of the grapes is good and generally on standard for this time of the season.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-04 Early winter could see slim strawberry supplies and high prices
- 2022-10-04 "Moldavian plums have been accepted in the German market"
- 2022-10-04 Apples from Kashmir appear in UAE supermarkets
- 2022-10-04 Grape export subsidy withdrawal will affect overseas shipments from Maharashtra
- 2022-10-04 October proclaimed as Michigan Apple Month
- 2022-10-04 Over one million Envy™ apples sold at Mid-Autumn Festival
- 2022-10-04 The celebration of the cherry blossom in an orchard in Maule marks the official start of the Chilean 2022/23 cherry season
- 2022-10-04 Demand booms for Bravo in Southeast Asia
- 2022-10-04 RedSayra and Red Samanta strawberries, two new raspberry varieties, and the formation of a company in South Africa
- 2022-10-04 "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- 2022-10-04 PGI peaches from Leonforte
- 2022-10-04 'Blueberries are increasing their global presence'
- 2022-10-03 Chinese Begonia apple exported around the globe for the first time
- 2022-10-03 "The demand for preservatives in the grape market remains high"
- 2022-10-03 Lower final Dutch apple, pear harvest estimate
- 2022-10-03 La Nina will probably drive up Australian blueberry prices
- 2022-10-03 Organic fruit from Lake Constance: top quality pome fruit and a bigger yield for organic apples
- 2022-10-03 Vietnamese durian sales are ideal, but product movement of Australian oranges slowed down
- 2022-10-03 Williams Sonoma and pomegranate shipper launch co-branded product line
- 2022-09-30 AM FRESH Group buys majority stake in in Asia-based Fruit-X and creates FRESH FRUIT-X