- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Supply gaps imminent for California spring vegetables following record rains
- "This next step opens the door for the apple variety to be grown in other countries and sold under the Soluna™ brand"
- Chinese shiitake grower opens production in Poland and Spain
- South African onions increasingly important to the UK & Europe
- "Australia's grape exports start strong in Asia"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
- “Fruit industry in the Eastern Cape is facing a perfect storm”
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Durian smell forces Turkish Airlines flight to turn back
Polish apples to China is a fact
A list was published by the AQSIQ (General Bureau of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of the PRC), of all of the 453 Polish orchards and 135 Polish packers, thus making trade official.
The application for trade between the two countries began back in August 2014. Since then, there have been intense negotiations and numerous meetings between the AQSIQ and the Polish Ministry of Agriculture. After a successful phytosanitary audit on 20 June, 2016, protocol was signed between the two countries.
"The process was unique because the approach for the agreement was more like the procedure for animal origin products rather than the standard fruit and veg trade requirements. What this means is that extra phytosanitary inspections were made,along with orchard inspections and additional audits for the packhouses. This means that apples from Poland to China have full traceability from the place of origin, which is quite unique," shared Marek Marzec, founder of Ewa-bis, one of the Polish apple exporters to China.
"I think that the good political relationship between Poland and China helped move this trade agreement forward. There were multiple visits between the Chinese and Polish Presidents throughout the process. Just last week there was a meeting between the Polish and Chinese prime ministers, where the Polish PM requested that the trade agreement be expedited and to open the market as soon as possible, which I think helped speed up the announcement."
According to the information received by the Polish Embassy in Beijing, this is by far the fastest conducted the negotiation process for the admission of fresh fruit or vegetables to the Chinese market among all EU Member States.
Author: Heather Wicks
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 "Whatever the market price, we will be even more competitive"
- 2023-03-21 Chilean plum shipments to North America 50 percent higher than same time last year
- 2023-03-21 Peru will export an estimated 280,000 tons of fresh blueberries this campaign
- 2023-03-21 The Region of Murcia's extra-early stone fruit harvest is expected to be 15 days delayed
- 2023-03-21 Huelva's blueberry and strawberry production decreased by 25% and 30%, respectively
- 2023-03-21 "Australia's grape exports start strong in Asia"
- 2023-03-21 "We have to be careful not to mistake today's higher sales for profits"
- 2023-03-21 Retail campaign in UK highlights the best of South African stone fruit
- 2023-03-21 Aldi was the biggest recipient of the BAPL apples in the UK - February of this year
- 2023-03-21 Mid-march snowfall has Doda fruit growers worried
- 2023-03-20 Chilean apples on the way to the US
- 2023-03-20 Chilean fresh fruit exports up to February increased by 17.3% in volume
- 2023-03-20 Princess visits Tongan fruit pickers in Tasmania
- 2023-03-20 Raspberry price cycles and forecasts for 2023
- 2023-03-20 Exports of 2022 apples from Moldova will be half that of last year
- 2023-03-20 Polish farmers warn about apple market price drop
- 2023-03-20 Consignment of watermelons sent from Bangladesh to Malaysia
- 2023-03-20 CBP officers intercept over $1.5 mln worth of cocaine hidden in watermelon shipment
- 2023-03-20 New Zealand apples and pears available, Chilean stone fruits entered the peak of arrival
- 2023-03-20 Hungary expects normal 2023 cherry harvest season