- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Rolf Weber, Global Producers:
"Large volumes of Brazilian melons shipped to Europe cause price drops"
Melon seed nursery in Costa Rica
A weak Brazilian Real, huge optimism traders and the 'new' European melon importers were also important factors to explain the high volumes being shipped to Europe and consequently the low marketprices. “The large old stocks of poor quality fruits and still high shipped volumes, no changes in the situation are to be expected."
Due to good weather conditions, melon growers in Central America have already started getting ready for the new season with the preparations of the land for the planting. Exports will kick off late this year or in early 2016. According to Rolf, the situation in Central America will be similar to that of Brazil, since the different seed varieties there have already sold out.
For more information:
Global Producers B.V.
Venrayseweg 136 B
5928 RH Venlo
T +31 77 465 81 00
F +31 77 387 48 18
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 "With the Limvalnera strawberry, we can supply retail programs from October to June"
- 2023-01-27 “We did sell much more of Gala variety”
- 2023-01-27 Uppal brothers revolutionise fruit packaging in Shepparton, Australia
- 2023-01-27 Frosts affect more than 40% of the extra-early fruit in the Murcia region
- 2023-01-27 Increased local demand for Ontario Red Prince apples
- 2023-01-27 “Turkish apple exports mainly went to India, Russia and Syria”
- 2023-01-27 Lesotho to increase fruit production
- 2023-01-27 Ukraine exported record high volumes of raspberries in 2022
- 2023-01-27 Moldova sharply increased exports of table grapes to the EU
- 2023-01-27 "We are entering the Valentine's Day campaign with good demand for strawberries and rising prices"
- 2023-01-26 Weather conditions raise concerns over the apple season in Lebanon
- 2023-01-26 "The PGI Cieza peach is already a reality thanks to the government of Cieza"
- 2023-01-26 Researchers play key role in Florida's $300 million strawberry industry
- 2023-01-26 "The entire commercial fruit growing sector at Lake Constance has its back to the wall"
- 2023-01-26 Chile exported 67,000 tons of prunes in 2022
- 2023-01-26 Record prices on Moldovan table grape market
- 2023-01-25 Harvesting and packing forced to standstill in Ica, Peru due to violent farm invasions
- 2023-01-25 Indian grape exporters frustrated by sluggish European markets
- 2023-01-25 “The export volumes of Juliet apples to Asia are increasing each year”
- 2023-01-25 New white strawberry variety targets year-round supply