- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Pineland Farms Potato Co signs with Sam's Club
Rodney McCrum, president and chief operating officer of Pineland Farms Potato Co., said delivery of the company's products to Sam's Club stores would begin within a month. "It's a foot in the door for us," he said in a telephone interview Thursday afternoon. "Our hope is that we expand into more Sam's Club stores in the future," he said.
He's hopeful it will lead to additional opportunities with the Walmart division that reported revenues of $58 billion in fiscal year 2015 and has 649 stores nationwide. "This new partnership will help us continue to create jobs for young men and women across Aroostook County," he said.
The company also launched a $3 million upgrade of its mashed potato production line this year, he added.
McCrum reported the company's employment now stands at 180 workers, with 60 new jobs added since August 2014, and noted sales are running 38% ahead of the same period a year ago.
Pineland Farms' mashed potatoes are served in Applebee's, Logan's Roadhouse, 99 Restaurant & Pub, O'Charley's, Pizzeria Uno and Famous Dave's. Packaged mashed potatoes and cut potatoes bearing the Pineland Farms brand are sold in supermarkets like Publix, Hannaford, Market Basket, Shop Rite and Big Y.
Collins said in the release that the contract showcases the best of Maine — "all-natural ingredients and small-scale agriculture" — and expands Pineland Farms' reaching into supermarkets throughout New England.
For more information, visit www.pinelandpotatoes.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-31 Dole plc announces sale of its Fresh Vegetables Division to Fresh Express
- 2023-01-31 Washington apple industry veteran dies at 89 years
- 2023-01-31 Dutch company opens new warehouse
- 2023-01-31 Hapag-Lloyd achieves strong result in its anniversary year 2022
- 2023-01-31 Calavo Growers Inc. appoints CEO Brian Kocher as member of the Board of Directors
- 2023-01-30 Pure Flavor brings on industry veteran Joe Sbrocchi
- 2023-01-30 Fruit importer-exporter reflects on 2022
- 2023-01-30 Sealand will transition to a single, unified brand under Maersk
- 2023-01-27 Dutch company warns of defaulter
- 2023-01-27 The Natural Fruit Company joins the EsAgua Network
- 2023-01-27 Sunrise Fresh appoints Greg Wilson
- 2023-01-27 Shropshire tech start-up Upp advocates for big automation
- 2023-01-26 Twelfth consecutive year of growth puts Omer-Decugis & Cie Group a year ahead of its development plan
- 2023-01-26 Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 2023-01-26 Patatas Hijolusa acquired Natuber to continue its expansion
- 2023-01-26 Gemüsering takes a stake in large producer of organic broccoli and cauliflower in Spain
- 2023-01-26 750 people benefit from Fyffes off-season medical brigades provided in Honduras communities
- 2023-01-26 North Bay Produce adds to leadership team
- 2023-01-26 KM Packaging is officially established in Australia
- 2023-01-25 AgriFORCE to acquire international berry business