- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
debut investment: It'sFresh!
Anterra Capital to invest in food,agriculture companies with focus on improving supply chain
Anterra has made its debut investment in Food Freshness Technology Holdings (FFT), a UK leader in food preservation. FFT's technology, It'sFresh! absorbs and locks away ethylene gas, the natural plant ripening hormone. By reducing ambient ethylene levels, It'sFresh! radically slows the ripening and decay of fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers in the supply chain, reducing waste and assuring consumer product quality.
Peter Sugarman, Chairman of FFT, said: "We are delighted Anterra Capital has chosen to invest in us. It'sFresh! technology has tremendous opportunities to reduce waste, improve food security and sustainability and provide consumers with fresher fruit in both the developed and developing worlds. For example if all UK supermarkets used It'sFresh! technology, we calculate they could avoid wasting over 13,500,000 packs of tomatoes and almost 19,500,000 punnets of strawberries every year. In each case that's a saving of almost 7,000 metric tonnes, an equivalent mass to the Eiffel Tower-and in only two of the many fresh produce categories, in one country."
Adam Anders, Managing Partner at Anterra, said: "The food industry is increasingly seeking out new technologies to solve its growing issues. FFT is a prime example of an innovative company that has the potential to transform the global food supply chain. Rabobank's F&A knowledge base and network, combined with the global investment experience of Moonray, give Anterra a unique perspective and edge in supporting the growth of companies like FFT. We are excited to be supporting FFT in the global commercialisation of It'sFresh and look forward to announcing additional investments soon."
For more information:
Tel: +44 (0)1869 353800
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-24 Enhancing farming practices with sustainable agrivoltaic solutions
- 2023-11-24 European Commission allocates funding of almost €52 millions to Greek and Slovenian farmers
- 2023-11-23 Brussels adopts 2024 work program for food promotion
- 2023-11-20 Gujarat agri marketing board appoints new director
- 2023-11-17 "Our pool of interim managers can help solve companies' bottlenecks and peaks"
- 2023-11-17 Argentina's central bank allows a slight weakening of the peso
- 2023-11-16 Dollar drops after data shows inflation cooling
- 2023-11-16 Washington and Oregon fruit packers vote against creating union
- 2023-11-15 Camposol appoints Ricardo Naranjo Fernandez as chief financial officer
- 2023-11-15 Tosca welcomes Marco González as Managing Director for Central Europe - Downstream
- 2023-11-14 Egypt contemplates barter trade due to currency pressures
- 2023-11-10 The Greenery appoints David Markowski as new CEO
- 2023-11-02 Bernardo Calvo joins Sun World as President/COO
- 2023-10-24 The impact of California’s new climate accountability laws on food and agriculture companies
- 2023-10-17 Sun World International expands global marketing and quality teams
- 2023-10-06 BluePrint Automation announces Gijsbert Dezaire as new CEO