- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
"Trade fair grows by 35 to 40%"
International interest for Fresh Produce Ukraine 2012
"Compared to last year's trade fair there was 35 to 40% growth in the field of square meters and participants," says Kuno enthusiastically. "The nice thing about this show is that there are so many countries present. The 150 exhibitors this year came from Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Russia, Spain, Syria, Sweden, the Netherlands, Turkey and the United Kingdom. Looking at the number of participants per country Italy, the Netherlands and Greece are in the top three. With the satisfaction rate of 81% and 4671 exhibitors and trade visitors at we call this fair a success. "
"The countries are also very involved. During the opening ceremony, the Minister of Agriculture of Lebanon was there with a delegation of 27 people. Moreover, the different parts of the chain from production to export were presence, that makes it interesting for the whole fruit and vegetable sector."
Click here for the photo report
The conference this year was called 'Fruits and Vegetables of Ukraine - New Challenge'. New Challenge was added to the theme because Ukrainian growers have been faced for two seasons in a row with low prices for their products. Many producers were unable to sell their fruit and vegetables in previous seasons. This makes it very important to have a professional approach to advising growers in the area of marketing, market conditions and improving quality. This was discussed in the first two days. On the third day there were within a trading forum, sessions with retailers. This ensured that growers and exporters could supply contracts with supermarket chains, wholesalers and processors.
Click here for photo report
Jacobs said that he expected to grow next year. "2011 was very strong according to the participants. That is the jewel in our crown. The first registrations for the third edition have already been made. We want to be seen as an international event and expect the number of countries attending to increas."
For more information:
BTO Exhibitions BV
3743 KJ Baarn - The Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)35 544 8981
Fax: +31 (0)35 544 8984
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-22 EPC Leadership Class to attend Cornell program at New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Date grower-shipper brings latest products to New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) systems for large, peeled and unpeeled potatoes
- 2022-11-21 “Water, energy and food sovereignty at the heart of medFEL 2023”
- 2022-11-18 Engels Machines at the ExpoSE 2022 fair in Karlsruhe, Germany
- 2022-11-16 "Focus on the future of horticulture" defining theme of IPM Essen
- 2022-11-16 Mini symposium on grape quality to take place on the 2nd of December
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022
- 2022-11-14 Mushroom Days will be from May 10 to 12, 2023
- 2022-11-14 Salobrena will host the First Andalusian Subtropical Fair
- 2022-11-11 Morocco Foodex aims to conquer the British market
- 2022-11-11 New trends, innovations, and chain take center stage at Global Berry Congress
- 2022-11-07 Photo report Asia Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-11-04 Bolivia for the World business meetings 8-25 November 2022
- 2022-11-04 Ecuador is making moves to become more competitive in Asia
- 2022-11-04 Innovations and trends at IFPA
- 2022-11-04 International Agroferomonas and Biological Control Days
- 2022-11-04 German Ports at transport logistic Americas