- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
France: Top fruit production down
Late September the apple supply was 44% lower than in September 2012. According to estimates the production of apples is down 24%. Prognosfruit states it’s a 9% drop compared to the European 2011 average. With supplies running low, prices are markedly higher. At the start of the season, prices already rose with 21% compared to the 2007-2011 average. By September the increase was 23% higher. Pears went through a similar movement, with a 34% drop in production.
The market for top fruit was stable for quite a while, but in August the supply soared. A big chunk of the surplus has been shipped to Russia, Germany and Scandinavia. Despite a relatively small crop, prices remained more or less the same. Now, with the current production shortage, prices went up with 33% compared to the 5-year average.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 Frosts affect more than 40% of the extra-early fruit in the Murcia region
- 2023-01-27 Increased local demand for Ontario Red Prince apples
- 2023-01-27 “Turkish apple exports mainly went to India, Russia and Syria”
- 2023-01-27 Lesotho to increase fruit production
- 2023-01-27 Ukraine exported record high volumes of raspberries in 2022
- 2023-01-27 Moldova sharply increased exports of table grapes to the EU
- 2023-01-27 "We are entering the Valentine's Day campaign with good demand for strawberries and rising prices"
- 2023-01-27 "With the Limvalnera strawberry, we can supply retail programs from October to June"
- 2023-01-27 “We did sell much more of Gala variety”
- 2023-01-27 Uppal brothers revolutionise fruit packaging in Shepparton, Australia
- 2023-01-26 Weather conditions raise concerns over the apple season in Lebanon
- 2023-01-26 "The entire commercial fruit growing sector at Lake Constance has its back to the wall"
- 2023-01-26 Chile exported 67,000 tons of prunes in 2022
- 2023-01-26 "The PGI Cieza peach is already a reality thanks to the government of Cieza"
- 2023-01-26 Researchers play key role in Florida's $300 million strawberry industry
- 2023-01-26 Record prices on Moldovan table grape market
- 2023-01-25 Harvesting and packing forced to standstill in Ica, Peru due to violent farm invasions
- 2023-01-25 Indian grape exporters frustrated by sluggish European markets
- 2023-01-25 Moldovan grapes are fetching high prices in Baku supermarket
- 2023-01-25 "Blueberry promotions ran like crazy"