- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
"US: "Oppy" brings freshness to Oppenheimer"
“Our friends call us Oppy,” said John Anderson, chairman president and CEO. And as the organization began a brand-refreshment initiative earlier this year, the moniker resonated.
“Anyone who does business with us knows that we are less formal and organizationally nimbler than our full company name might suggest,” he said. “Sometimes nicknames are more apt than official ones. ‘Oppy’ is fresh and contemporary, and reflects the evolution of our business, now and moving forward.”
Anderson also noted that Oppy is an easy shortcut that many of the company’s international growers, customers and team members already use, so the shift will come naturally. The trade will have the opportunity to learn more about Oppy at PMA Fresh Summit in Anaheim this week.
The road to Oppy has been a long and storied one — though Anderson asserts that the new name is fully focused on the organization’s future.
“Many know us as one of the oldest companies in the industry,” he said. “We are proud of our longevity and achievements, of course. But we are more interested in staying at the forefront, and Oppy is symbolic of that. We are focusing on refining our supply chain to efficiently serve our growers and our customers even better. Using technology to simplify what it takes to go to market. By innovating flavors, pack styles and delivery systems.”
About a decade ago, the brand promise "expect the world from us" began appearing alongside Oppenheimer’s familiar navy blue logo. And while the traditional “Oppenheimer” logo gives way to the friendlier “Oppy” emblem over time, the promise remains the centerpiece of the brand, Anderson said.
“Our singular objective of delivering on our brand promise continues to drive everything we do,” he said. “But as ‘Oppy’ we are working in a more contemporary way, challenging ourselves to find new solutions and better approaches. I can’t remember a time when I was more excited about the future of our organization.”
For more information:
The Oppenheimer Group
Tel: +1 206-499-7440
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition
- 2022-11-23 Fyffes melon subsidiary wins social responsibility award in Honduras
- 2022-11-23 West Pak Avocado adds to sales team
- 2022-11-22 Oppy's John Anderson named to Business Laureates Hall of Fame
- 2022-11-22 Del Monte Foods finishes new Doha facility
- 2022-11-21 Paul Mastronardi honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2022-11-21 Monterey Mushrooms hires new western region sales director
- 2022-11-21 British Columbia and Saskatchewan companies partner in improving soil health
- 2022-11-21 France: Ombrea signs partnership with Banque des Territoires for 350 MW of agrivoltaic projects