Delfanti Trade

Italy: 2012/13 garlic campaign has yet to take a clear direction

The new 2012/13 garlic campaign has just started at the Delfanti Trade Srl company of Monticelli d'Ongina (Piacenza - Italy), which specializes in garlic, onions and shallots.

Like Francesco Delfanti refers to FreshPlaza: "With regard to the volumes, it is still difficult to make a precise quantification. Overall, it would appear that both Spain and Italy have produced more garlic on larger surfaces. Otherwise, China appears to be short of product this year, given the high prices required for Chinese garlic."

The situation is currently stable, but without a clear direction: "We're not sure if it's more about a bigger European offer than before or less interest from traders," Delfanti says.



The Delfanti Trade company sells garlic predominantly (70%) on the Italian market, while the remaining 30% is coming from Spain for its re-export activities to Germany, Austria and Eastern Europe. "Spain is by far the largest producer of garlic in Europe, Italy is second, but with much lower volumes. Therefore we do not consider yet feasible a wider diversification of foreign destinations for the Italian production; to take that step it would require greater cultivated areas", Delfanti says.

Contacts:
Delfanti Trade s.r.l.
Strada Statale 462
29010 Monticelli d'Ongina (PC) - Italy
Phone: +39 0523 815811
Email: info@delfanti.com

Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber